Freehand SQL Report Auto Refresh Toggle

Harsh Parikh shared this idea 3 years ago
Completed

Just want to add more, after modifying some field or filter it should not refreshed whole report, just because of small change we need to create report again from the beginning.

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Harsh,

I was able to discuss this further with our team.

This task is specifically for Freehand SQL views not reports. With Freehand SQL Reports we aren't actually reporting off of a meta-data layer (a view) we are just querying the database directly with the Freehand SQL the user inputs, giving the user full control of the SQL however you lose the abilities of the wizard.

This being said we are unsure if this is possible to implement. Depending on what the user is attempting to do there may be an easier way to do it, e.g. virtual table in a drag and drop view? Maybe a Freehand Calculated Field.

It may help us understand what the user is attempting to do if we were able to gather screenshots, use cases and an understanding of the underlying data and what they are expecting of an output.

Please let me know if we can gather this info, with this we hope to provide a solution that fits the clients needs.

Best,

Jared

photo

Basically we need to pass the access filter and some user prompt filter in SQL using "({?})", which is not possible in the freehand SQL Views. I think using virtual tables it's possible but for that we need to create both view and report (for a single report), if one view and multiple reports (refer to same view) then it good to go with View(virtual table).

Thanks

photo

Hi Harsh,

I am unsure how this would be accomplished via a Freehand SQL view as this would still need a report in order to pull data from the view.

Were you able to investigate the virtual tables option further?

Let me know.

Best,

Jared

photo

Hi Harsh,

Hope you are well.

I wanted to reach out to see if you were still working with this or if it was alleviated with eh Virtual Table option.

Best regards,

Jared

photo

Hi Harsh,

I wanted to reach out to see where this was sitting.

Were we able to find a path forward for this usecase using Virtual Tables or a different method?

Best,

Jared

photo

Hi Harsh,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Jared

Leave a Comment

Attach a file