excel files with corrupted name

Daniel Marrujo shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello Team,

I have this weird behavior when a report is broadcasted to Excel file, the file name looks corrupted:

/f2ed8a61bfe9db3f7ff0603e0ce82513

However if renamed with "xlsx" extension it works without issues, so only the name is "corrupted"

I was able first to get rid of this issue by making a copy of the report and broadcasting. but now it shows up again even on new reports.

Also something I figure out is this weird count, even if the broadcast is brand new:

/8021730045d07e4c846758bf04d42cf3

not sure if this could be related, issue seems to be only with excel output files.

Build: 20200904

Version 8.0.6

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out. This is a known defect that's been resolved as of 8.0.7. That said, a code change isn't technically required to resolve this. You can find steps to follow on how to resolve this in the following knowledge base article: Multi-byte report name is garbled when broadcast as file.

Please implement the changes recommended in the article and let me know how goes.

As for the number of reports sent issue in the calendar, I think it unlikely this would be related to the garbled file name issue. I'm confident cases related to this have been submitted before, but I haven't more information on this portion at a cursory glance. Ultimately, this would require a separate ticket though since it's not related, so let's start with the filename issue and take it from there.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Daniel,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try tris recommendation and get back to you.

photo

Hi Daniel,

Great! Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Daniel,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Daniel,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file