aggregate daily data by hour over a 15 or 30 day period

JonT shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi, I am trying to create a report for a server metric that is aggregated by hour (0-24) for a period of 30 days. When I aggregate the attribute value in the chart being created, it seems inaccurate. It shows the same number for each server across the 24 hour period. I am guessing that I have it configured wrong either in the query or the chart or both and am looking for help as to how to create the chart in order to see the data as expected.

Application Version:7.4
Build:20180226

/5f670ee0954d1f281eb511e225fd07e3

It is entirely possible the data is correct, but it is hard to imagine that every hour has the same aggregated value for the period (15 days for this one). We have another reporting tool that paints a very different picture where one hour is a value of 3, next hour is 10, next hour is 0 and so on for 24 hours. This would suggest the server has been running a particular process for x number of days for the entire day. The metric being collected is a configuration that sets a 1 for process running and 0 where it is not. So the collection of 1s over the course of a day broken down by hour would be where we want to aggregate the values for the 15 or 30 day period.

I tried just dropping the metric in the Color section, but it yields the same result as the analysis. Does it make sense what I am asking? Am I doing it incorrectly? The SQL of the report is below. I don't know the way to extract just the hour in an SQL statement, so the hour designation is set in the UI by formatting the attribute to display 24 hours. Any help is appreciated.

SELECT DISTINCT

"VW_CONFIGDATA"."ATTRUNIQUENAME",

"VW_CONFIGDATA"."DEVICENAME",

SUM("HOURLY_DATA"."VALUESUM") / SUM("HOURLY_DATA"."VALUECOUNT"),

MAX("HOURLY_DATA"."VALUEMAX"),

MIN("HOURLY_DATA"."VALUEMIN"),

"HOURLY_DATA"."TIMERECORDED"

FROM "HOURLY_DATA"

INNER JOIN "VW_CONFIGDATA"

ON(

"VW_CONFIGDATA"."SERVER_ID" = "HOURLY_DATA"."SERVER_ID"

AND "VW_CONFIGDATA"."MOTYPEID" = "HOURLY_DATA"."MOTYPEID"

AND "VW_CONFIGDATA"."ATTRID" = "HOURLY_DATA"."ATTRIBUTEID"

AND "VW_CONFIGDATA"."ITEMID" = "HOURLY_DATA"."MOINSTID"

)

WHERE (

"VW_CONFIGDATA"."DEVICENAME" LIKE '%2.qa%'

AND "HOURLY_DATA"."TIMERECORDED" >= TRUNC(sysdate)-15

AND "VW_CONFIGDATA"."ATTRUNIQUENAME" LIKE 'PROCCOUNT'

)

GROUP BY

"VW_CONFIGDATA"."ATTRUNIQUENAME",

"HOURLY_DATA"."TIMERECORDED",

"VW_CONFIGDATA"."DEVICENAME"

ORDER BY

"HOURLY_DATA"."TIMERECORDED"

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Simon,

I ran it the way you mentioned and it shows up like this

/5b93c883ff33af297f43a57a4fd6db03

I think the chart is how it should be. The idea is that we have 10 servers listed on the vertical axis and time on the horizontal 0-23 hour.

This is the current report we would like to pull from this reporting tool. As it shows, it is capturing activity by hour over a 30 day period. We added monitoring of the service to capture running as a 1 and not running as a 0. If we had a server that had this service run at 6AM for 20 days and at 4PM for 4 days, we would expect to see it have a block on the cart with a value of 20 and a value of 4 in the chart. Is it possible to run a report like this with Yellowfin?

/28cd439d7cbbab391d73bdb179fb8531

photo

Alright, well it looks like it was handling it ok, I got the same output. :) Guessing it's working as intended? If so, thank you for the help and I appreciate the patience. If there is nothing else to try, I will go with this and see if the data changes with more servers added when we get there.

/8b30433edd615946ff71cb6b7c0176f5

photo

Hey Simon,

Thank you. Had internet issues from the weather last week, was struggling. We can mark it answered.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file