Dashboards disappear from Group Default Dashboard Tabs when edited

Lex Clay shared this problem 3 years ago
Defect Fixed

YF 9.4.1

Whenever you edit a dashboard, it gets removed from the default dashboard tabs in every group...really annoying, especially in a multi tenancy environment

/17cce5bd578c0d91e2410a4a17e86571

Replies (3)

photo

Hey Lex,

Just to confirm what is happening in your version, even though the dashboard is no longer displayed in the group, does it actually get removed from the users dashboard tabs?

I have tested this in 9.4.2 my results are that the tab gets removed from the tab list in the group, but the tab is still visible to the user when they sign in -

Added drill dashboard to group with 2 users -

76705f9357ea359accae9762b9c5fbee

Signed in as test user to make sure they had the dashboard -

1235d6a31ed8505cf755efcd4b5a2f7e

Signed back in to admin account, updated dashboard by adding a report and published -

5f98b320a218a5f765ff6fff91c512b5

Signed back in as test user and they still had the dashboard -

b2be1201ff8258b540c77e97558fea3c

Signed back in as admin and checked the group. The dashboard tab is no longer in the list.

6f9d54932fbfc5ba1506660a0a593921

Even though the test user still had the dashboard, what does this mean if new users are then added to the group - I then tested this.

Added another user to the group list, without making changes to the dashboard list -

8eb88522ad362d71b08a14a4a65752df

Although this does not automatically add the list to the users tabs - it does come up as a suggested dashboard when signing in for the FIRST time -

6a061591278b733291393c0c722f2a1f

However, if the user already has dashboard tabs, then they will not get the suggestion.

Let me know if this is the same behaviour you are experiencing ?

I will get this defect raised with the development team in the meantime .

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Yup you got it mate, bang on.

Adding new users is the biggest problem...a lot of the users are just consumers and we don't want them seeing any part of the product other than what we present to them via Dashboards. Having to sign in to 50+ client orgs to update the group every time you make a change to an existing dashboard is exhausting....especially when the dashboards need to appear in a particular order.

photo

Hey Lex,

Good news about this one! I have checked if there are any existing tasks for this, and there is!! Even better news, this has already been fixed for version 9.5!

Here is the changelog comment for your reference - Resolved an issue where user group default dashboards would disappear when the dashboard was edited and published.

Would you like me to keep you updated in this ticket for when version 9.5 is released? I do not currently have an exact date, but it should be in about a month :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Nah it's all good, I already have my eyes open for 9.5 for a number of other fixes anyway. Cheers though

photo

Ah ok, thanks for letting me know, Lex :)

I will go ahead and mark as Defect Fixed

I hope you have a lovely evening !

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file