how to install audit content package

Raman shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

How do I install the audit content package for already installed yellowfin 7.4.2? Do I start again with the installation? or some jar file available which I can directly run?

Replies (23)

photo

Hi Raman,

I hope you are well!

You will find our Audit Content package linked here in our marketplace <

You will just need to manually add the datasource by going to your Admin Console > Data Sources > select 'Add' and then point this to your config database.

Let me know if you have any further questions - I am happy to help! :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

Is this the one audit content?

PFA

photo

Hey Raman,

Yep, Those are the Dashboards :)

If you have uploaded the audit content, you should be able to find the reports in the browser too

Do you have any further questions for this? I am happy to help!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

The thing is when I'm trying to access the dashboard, it says reports in the dashboard have been deleted. So how we can restore it?

photo

Hey Raman,

Are you able to see the reports via the browse page? if so, what happens when you try to open one of the reports?

Were these reports previously accessible in the instance you are experiencing this issue on? Basically, were the reports already in the DB or have you just uploaded the content and there is no record of them?

If they have been recorded in the database previously, then they may be either marked as deleted OR might be pointing to the wrong view, and therefore not linked correctly - this can cause the application to think the report in question has been deleted.

Let me know and we can go from there :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Lesley,

PFA I'm getting this message when I open the Admin Audit report dashboard. 19232098cf64e49aa0bef9425f04f484

So how can I get this back?

photo

Hey Raman,

Do you have a valid data source connection to the audit content ?

&

Are you able to see any reports via the 'Browse All Content' section ?

The message in the screenshot indicates that, if you edit the dashboard tab, you need to add the reports to the dashboard

Let me know if you can find the reports or not :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Lesley,

I've not configured a datasource for audit content. Do I've to configure the separated datasource for audit content? If yes then do I have to specify a specific datasource name?

photo

Hey Raman,

Ah ok, this may explain why!

No worries - it's super easy as long as you know the database name, user and password.

I will provide my steps for this below -

So if you navigate to the Admin Console > Data Sources > Click Add -

7da87ba01bf132026f776637021e1055

Click Database -

eb7ecf79a1514a4ea9407b459f16e761

Enter your Configuration Database details (db name, db user & pw) & give your datasource a name, description is optional > select create View -

0fba9787a0b70b718fda826f476faa90

You will then be prompted to either select a single table or multiple tables..etc > Select a table > and name your view -

Just as a quick note - Once you have completed this process, you can create more Views based on the same datasource, this is not your only chance to create a view - So in my example I have just selected 1 table as a test, but will show you how to create another view further down :)

c7d5d23c7ade11208f635b5e902bed63

Once you've selected your table (if you selected single table, you will be prompted to create a report - save this > all done!

dd504eee46a92d1babecd6e40f45122c

Now if you wanted more tables/ data to build your reports, then you can click the yellow + button to create -

7e0e147896f23c626bd71b9a029796bc

Then select the data source you had previously created (in my case, this was Audit Content Config DB) -

4f08c656b0e5bbb93edac4668de55dce

Then select the Multiple tables option > Create View -

8dfaa8952d3f553531d61109fc0486b5

Drag your tables onto your view builder > select the little cog settings icon > and select the fields you available in your report builder (I selected all as an example) -

3689044d203704da32b564d3215f4dbe

Then you can create your joins -

ed41032450412d26661fbd1dc21f5da0

Once you are happy with the selected fields and joins > select the Prepare tab > here you can either publish right away or test the data (i chose to test) > after testing you can return to view and publish if you are happy with it.

1f1bea8464097f6ffa2bef506ab3269c

Another note -

If you have the Audit usage content package you SHOULD be able to link the content to this datasource you just created (so you wont need to create your own views)

Let me know if you have the views in your browser page and we will go from there :)

Let me know!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

One more thing, How to know whether the audit usage content package is used/enabled in deployed yellowfin?

photo

Hey Raman,

I hope you are well :)

If you create content with the Audit data, this will also include data on the audit content being used - If that makes sense?

For example, If I was to create a report using my audit content to monitor which reports and dashboards are being used in yellowfin, this will include ALL reports and dashboards including the audit content ones.

Here is a small example of a report I built using the audit content package, but this also shows the actions made on all events -

75a071aefa68367758db0cb412e5323a

As you can see, the SA user ran a report, created and published a report from the audit content.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further question :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Raman,

I hope you are well!

I just wanted to check in, to see if you got my last response?

If you did, did it help at all? or have any further questions?

Let me know - I am happy to help :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Raman,

I hope you are well & having a lovely week so far :)

I just wanted to check in to see if you received my previous response? - did it help at all ?

Or do you have any further questions? - I am happy to help :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hello Lesley,

So I got the audit report by doing the fresh deployment (right from setting up database). By doing this I got all the audit reports/dashboards.

photo

Hey Raman,

I hope you are well!

Thats great news :) I am very pleased you were able to get the audit reports and dashboards!

I will go ahead and mark this ticket as complete, but if you have any further questions, let me know - I am happy to help !

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

Yes, you can go ahead and mark the ticket. Just one more query that these audit reports/dashboards can give information according to the clients. For example, if I want to check the top N report for client-A, the maximum time taken by report for client-B

So from the audit, I can get this information. If I have these audit reports in the default account?

photo

Hey Raman,

I hope you are well!

Yep, that is exactly right! You can monitor run, create, delete reports, when they log in, log out - and much more!

Does this help answer your question? :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hello Lesley,

So if I can keep audit reports in the default account it will show data in the report as per clients?

photo

Hey Raman,

When you say 'client' do you mean the users or the client orgs?

You will be able to see data for all usage in yellowfin, including the client organisations :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Lesley,

Yeah Client I meant is Client Organization

photo

Ah ok - Yep, with the reports in the default org, you will be able to see the usage for all client orgs :)

Let me know if you have any further questions?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Lesley,

This is all I wanted to know. Thank you so much for your quick responses.

photo

No problem, Raman :)

I am happy I could help!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file