scrollable dragging in rows and columns

Veronika Lackner shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Sometimes is it very hard to order the data in the way you want because the report-viewer is very small.

Especially when you create a cross-table. Then you do not have the option to sort the data correctly, because you are also not able to change the position in the design-step.

So a kind of a design-Assistant where you are just able to change the position would be very helpful.

May you think this can be changed?

For example you have more than 8 fields in your row of your cross-table.

Then you want to change the position of one or two fields from the row. Now you always have to use the arrow in the row-line to navigate in this field.

You are no able to just pick the field you want to move from the viewer you always have to change the position in the row-line.

In this example I want to change the position of the field “Fibukonto-Nr*” from the end between the first and the second column. So I have to go with the arrow to the back and then I have to go step by step forward because there is no automatic scrolling.

So I have to but it somewhere in the middle and then at the position I finally want this field.

e329cb8dfbe31afcd442183976f7b5de

e3b9be83da450e170302d9a714b1e6b9

34b2c576fe442c666291b2314566481f

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Veronika,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your idea. I have gone ahead and created an enhancement request for this functionality on your behalf. This ticket has been attached to the task, and your organization listed as an affected client. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I will mark this as Idea Logged for now; feel welcome to reply here with further related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello,

Could we add this functionality to new fields we bring into the report builder to make sorting them on either end one step rather then, dragging the new field into builder than dragging the field onto the arrows?

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hi Jared,

every solution which make it easier and better to sort the fields in a cross-tab is okay.

I just want to be able to bring a new field in the report Building step without using the arrors.

Regards,

Veronika

photo

Hi Veronika,

Thanks for the reply here! I've commented on the original developer task that includes this related request, and this should not affect your initial functionality request. I'll put this back into Idea Logged status in the meantime.

Best,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file