Dynamic Canvas Width

Julia Mazur shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

When viewing a dashboard on different-sized screens the dashboard is scaling as expected (setting the dashboard with at %-size of the screen), but any canvas or pictures do stay at their place and doesn't resize within the dashboard.

I was wondering if there is a way to configure the canvas size like the dashboard size in %, so that everything is resizing together?

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Julia,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue. It looks like we have an existing developer that seeks to resolve this scaling inconsistency, for images at least -

Add options to scale image sizes to fit the size of the canvas in Present and Dashboards

However, it sounds like maybe there are some other elements like canvases, that may not be resizing as desired as well? Could you provide details and screenshots in this case? I may need to replicate and make a new dev task to address these additional elements.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

thanks for the information that there is an existing development on this topic.

On the first attached screenshot you can see a smaller dashboard and then the resized (larger) dashbaord. However, the content does not resizewith it. Do you understand what I mean?

Have I perhaps overlooked a configuration?

Thanks and Regards

Julia

photo

Hi Julia,

Thanks for the reply. So if I understand you are doing a dashboard canvas resize inside the editor like this?

196d1497975172723453c0cf3e6ecfe1

I believe I've seen graphics apps attain a scale when resizing like this - IE in the above image you would like the circle to "move" right and scale to width, when you drag right to enlarge the canvas. It that the behavior you're looking for here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

yes, that is exactly the behavior I am looking for, but not within the editor. I have configured the width of the dashboard in % so that it will be larger on a larger screen. At this point the canvas should also resize or move.

Regards,

Julia

photo

Hi Julia,

Thanks for confirming for me. I'll double check with the team to check on the existing task's current task, and whether we should make changes or any additions. Will followup shortly.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Julia,

I've gone ahead and added your organization as an affected client to the dev task to implement scaling for the dashboard.

Also, Dashboard % width option will only apply to static dashboard layouts, not the canvas.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Our organization is similarly affected by this, if it would be possible to add us as an affected client also. We use canvas dashboards and are struggling to find a one-size-fits-all solution to dynamically displaying canvas dashboards on different screens.

Kind regards,

Philipp

photo

Hi Phillipp,

No problem, I've got you added to the task. I'll continue to provide updates via this thread.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file