Freehand SQL parameters to be able to be set as optional

Larry Beasley shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

just like in Drag'n'Drop reports where you can set a filter to be optional or mandatory, can you please allow the same option for parameters in Freehand SQL reports.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Larry,

that's such a good idea that I have raised an internal enhancement request for it and its ID is YFN-9449.

Thanks for your creative input!

regards,

David

photo

Hi, Any progress on this idea?

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Looking at our developer platform, there's been no progress to report on this, I'll go ahead and add your organization as an affected client for increased visibility. Will provide updates here as they are available.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

This is very useful feature to be included.

Please make sure we prioritize this one in upcoming release. FREEHAND SQL Reporting capability needs to be enhanced a lot and what it can do is very basic.

Suresh Mendu

photo

Hi Suresh,

I'll see if I can get some increased priority on this dev task on your behalf, it is a pretty popular request. Will also add your organization as an affected client, and continue to provide updates here as they become available.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Guys,

Good news - devs have been able to implement this Idea, and this functionality will be included in upcoming 8.0.9 and 9.5 builds. Thanks for your patience on this one!

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi all,

Yellowfin 9.5 has been officially released, which includes this Idea. As such, I will mark this one as Completed.

Best,

Eric

photo

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to provide some additional context on the fix -

it can be found on the parameter options page.-

ba61b895ce266a626332e83b65664f05

Also, just wanted to take the opportunity to mention Yellowfin 9.5.1. is now available on our Downloads page. We have addressed two issues that arose the time we released 9.5:

• Resolved an issue that would prevent CSS files from loading in certain scenarios involving embedded content with JsAPI
  • Resolved an issue that prevented saving configuration settings on the System tab within client organizations due to ‘invalid value for maximum file upload size’ error

We'd recommend transitioning to this update if possible. For more information please see our release notes.

Looking at upgrading to 9.5.1 from 8 or previous versions? Please reach out to us as we’d love to assist you.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file