Add icons to the conditional formatting

Stefan Dicu shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi team,

Is this post applicable for Yellowfin version 9 ? Is it updating also the set of below icons?

I want to add more Icons in the below (Conditional Formatting - Icon), how can we do this?

/515fe078ab626300f86b3e064f60e6b6

Best Answer
photo

Hey Stefan,

Ah ok, no problem

I Don't think it is as easy as just replacing your icon set - but here is a link to an article for the developer way of creating/adding your own icons

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/creating-your-own-conditional-formatting-customised-icons-for-developers

And I believe this directs you to where the default icons currently are.

I hope this helps :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Replies (11)

photo

Hey Stefan,

I hope you are well!

Please check out this article linked here < on creating your own conditional format icons :)

I hope this helps!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

I was actually referring to that article but my link ,for whatever reason, got removed, so my questions were is that still applicable for version 9 and also is it updating the list in the screenshot that i provided?

photo

I did a test in 7.4 and i am unable to see Icon Set in the drop down menu, can you please advise? I've placed the customicons.jar in the right path after updating the .png

/17874b75cd5e86bd088f95cf698b8640

/0e66f62b4874ca47e035b3f2d890db06

photo

Hey Stefan,

I have just tested this on 7.4 and 9.4 and i am seeing the same results as you - there is not custom set to choose from. :(

Let me check with the team to make sure this process has not changed.

I will update you shortly!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Just my luck! :(

photo

Hey Stefan,

I have been speaking with the team about this and it looks like it has been removed....

However, a possible workaround would be to use images in chart canvas OR dashboard canvas and apply conditional formats to these -

cec0d85ca90f1d0772afa6a9f0b0e985

7d90f2b2724107997ae4fd1657704088

But this will depend on your desired outcome.

Let me know your thoughts on this!

If this is not a viable option for you - I will be happy to raise an enhancement request on your behalf.

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Arrr, of course they took it out...

Not sure i can use your workaround as I don't have your knowledge. Let's see if you can help.

What i try to achieve is to replace some standard icon on formatting, see below the SQL report that i have and then the conditional formatting.

In the second screenshot, i am showing the standard icon from YF which i wish to replace with my new icon (red one).

Once i drag it to the dashboard how do i add a conditional formatting? In the report i dont have the option to add picture nor to choose one (widgets), maybe because it is an SQL report?

/e9200e33581e73d275252a114a156d58

/a8ff67f6883f5e213b5d5b98f818da95

photo

Hey Stefan,

So using the chart canvas -

You would just want to add your images > under the Design tab

I have used an SQL report here as an example....please forgive me for how terrible it looks !!

So I created a chart based on my sql report and added some custom images - I placed the images on top of each other, so that I can conditionally format them to HIDE if they meet certain requirements.

0cdc8e0c53764ab3d9841be5fe2e4044

(I did get rid of the C2 field after this - because it just got in the way and confused things)

So the Off switch is going to hide if it is equal to or greater than 5

9b18787eb65ddf55089472b8d0bf1d45

And the On switch will hide if it is equal to or lower than 4.9

4ac5ab4113a8e0f2ef2a19d27813c920

So here it is showing as ON...because the overall count is over 5

ec88f53d1b564f97590ae22d0a27e7d2

And then when filtering through to a column with a value lower than 5, it switches off....

019e505d61c5658a51cb3cb9c6805267

To enable the Chart Canvas Abilities, you must create at least 2 charts based on the 1 report.

Does this help at all?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

Few mins back i discovered that too. And it wont work for us as I dont want/need any chart.

I wanted to bring some icons that will show the status of a task like In progress, Completed, On, Off etc

Do you know where the default icons are stored? Mayne i can replace them.

Here is 1 example. Basically i wish to put some nicer icons in the STATUS column

/8da64db4bffa0dbb1acc9acc287380e6

photo

Hey Stefan,

Ah ok, no problem

I Don't think it is as easy as just replacing your icon set - but here is a link to an article for the developer way of creating/adding your own icons

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/creating-your-own-conditional-formatting-customised-icons-for-developers

And I believe this directs you to where the default icons currently are.

I hope this helps :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Ok thanks, i'll check that post. Please close this ticket. But before that can you confirm this method still applies to version 9?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file