No Connection to AR Server through pass through possible

Tobias Grempel shared this problem 3 years ago
Resolved

Hi Yellowfin Team,

we have the problem that after our upgrade to v9.4 we can't create new views. But there is no errormsg. It looks firstly like the view was created. But you can't find it in any folder.

On the way do discribing this with screenshots. We have a new problem now. We can't connect via BMC Action Request Databasetyp and Pass-through authentication.

On different Connectiontypes we get different errormsgs.

I will attach them. Have you any idea, to solve this? Parallel we made a problemticket at Materna, our BMC support.

Regards

Tobias

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for reaching out. BMC clients must receive support via BMC Support, so I'm afraid we can't assist much. This is especially true in cases where the issue seems to be with BMC Action Request and Pass-Through Authentication, which are not issues we can resolve Yellowfin-side and are specific to BMC's integrations - which also means BMC are better equipped to handle these issues regardless.

The one thing that stood out to me is in your YellowfinDBproblem.png image:

/37ae0dd9b4ff44c485b7051f4f06c525

ORA-16000 means the database is set to read-only. Typically, to resolve this you would shutdown the DB and change it to read-write. However, I'm unsure whether it's intended to be read-only in a BMC environment as there could be reasons related to this as per their custom integrations, but I recommend obtaining this information from BMC Support first.

Please let me know if you have any other questions here, but please continue working this with BMC Support.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Tobias,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Completed, since this is to be handled by BMC Support, but please let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file