can we have separate filters for each sub tab in a dashboard?

Madhurima shared this idea 6 years ago
Not Planned

Hi,

In dashboard we will configure filters for every report as a whole. But I want separate filters for subtabs only. Is it possible?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Madhurima,

Dashboard tabbing was designed so that reports within tabs could be linked together. This allows the dashboard, and all of its sub-tabs, to be treated as a single unit, in which you will want filters to be treated the same, no matter which tab they originate from.

I would say that what you are seeking is best done by using separate dashboards. Is there a reason why this is not ideal in your case?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Though all the reports in the subtabs are treated as a single unit, filters are different for some reports. suppose I had a report named "ageing report" in the subtab, here i don't want to use date filter. Even though we can configure this, while viewing the report in the dashboard ,date filter also appears. Filters should appear only according to subtabs.

photo

Hi Madhurima,

I do understand what you are saying, and will convert this to an idea to get the product team's input. However, I am doubtful that this will happen, because this can be easily accomplished using two separate dashboards, while sub-tabs were specifically designed to have their filters connected.

Sorry for the inconvenience here.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Madhurima,

To further comment on this, I can confirm that this idea is not something that is planned.

Sorry for the bad news on this.

However it's worth nothing there will be some dashboard style changes in 7.5, so while you won't be able to have separate filters on sub-tabs, drilling between dashboards, and freeform report alignment should be possible .

Please let us know if you have any further questions on this.

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file