Charts

Tara Wilson (new) shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello,

Is there any way on a chart to have a dropdown for dimension selection? For example, I might have $ spending by gender and age group but I only want to view one dimension at a time. Possible?

Tara

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Tara,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like what you're looking for is Visible Series Selection. You can read more about this on our Wiki here.

Specifically, Single Series Display would provide this output:

/04fe842576c1c10d26cdeb9110264d6b

Single Series Display is described as "If you are using a chart type that only has the capacity to display one metric at a time, such as a pie, you will have a drop down list appear at the bottom of your chart, as shown here." Essentially, this means that having this option available will technically depend on your dataset itself.

Either way, please take a look through the Wiki (and the linked video in the Wiki) and let me know if one of these Visible Series Selection options appears to be the solution you're looking for.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Tara,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Tara,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file