Email Option not working for long running reports

Mala shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

We get an option which prompts to 'wait' or 'email' or 'cancel' for any long running reports.When we chose email , we do not receive any email. we are currently using 20161220 build. Let me know if there is an issue with this option?

Thanks,

Mala

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Mala,

I hope all is well,

Can I question whether or not you have checked the users email and not the broadcasting email that has been set up? I only ask as by default that the "Email" option within the Long Running Reports uses the users email. This is separate to the Broadcast email and they are not connected; email v broadcast.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hello Mala, I am having the same issue. I email broadcast four different reports through the week. One is to one user which he receives. The other 3 are to everybody in our office. They all have logins for i-Sight on the front end. The Wednesday report they all receive which runs fairly quickly. The 2 reports that send out Thursday, which are slower running reports, only send to 3 of the 9 people in our organization.

I did delete the previous email broadcast and they created a new one. The problem continues to exist.

Help would be appreciated.

photo

I am sorry. I mean, Mark, can you help me.

SD

photo

Hi Shannon,

I hope all is well,

I have gone ahead and created a new ticket for this within our Yellowfin Community, you should have received an email with the link to this. If not let me know.

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

Hi Mala,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base and question whether or not you need any further assistance to this question you submitted to our Community. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

I realize this is an old post but was wondering if there was a solution found for this issue. Have the same issue in 7.4. Outgoing mail server is configured and the test email works but the email from the long running report pop-up doesn't get sent and the the user's email is set. Same email used in the test.

Thank you,

Matt

photo

Hi Matthew,

I hope all is well,

I think this is expected behaviour, from what we can see by default that the "Email" option within the Long Running Reports uses the users email. This is separate to the Broadcast email and they are not connected; email v broadcast.

Let me know if this helps, if not i'm sure we can deep dive and look at this at a more detailed level. Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Matthew,

I hope all is well,

Further to my last response, I just want to touch base to see where we stand with this issue raised. I only ask as it's been 12 days sine I last heard from you. If you can get back to me that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Matthew,

It's been 3 days since my last response, with this I just want to touch base to question whether or not you need any further assistance with this question raised.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hello Mark,

This is still a problem even with the reports that Yellowfin support modified or recreated to send.

Shannon Deike

photo

Hi Shannon,

Sorry to hear this, going forward I have created a new ticket (private) for this here. Please communicate through that.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file