Store Simple Calculated fields as plain text for reporting

Mahir Garibli shared this idea 4 years ago
Completed

Currently when a simple calculated field is created it is stored in the DB as;

FIELD[60698]ARITHMETIC[+]FIELD[60656]

We would like us to also store the plain text version along side this so that it can be reported on and used to manage user created reports by administrators. The above would then be stored as;

Athlete ID + Athlete Age.

Replies (13)

photo

Hi Mahir,

The development team have been working on creating a formatter plugin here. We have run some tests on our end and we'd like you to take a look and let us know your thoughts please! The plugin should work on versions 8 and 9 so please download from this ticket and apply to your system for testing.

Kind regards,

Richard Convery

photo

Hi,

Thanks for update. Do you have any guide how to install this ?

photo

Simple java -jar package name is not working.

[root@app-server-01 ~]# /opt/jdk1.8.0_121/bin/java -jar CalcFieldSQLFormatter.jar 
no main manifest attribute, in CalcFieldSQLFormatter.jar
[root@app-server-01 ~]# 

photo

Hi Fariz,

To install the plugin, go to your Yellowfin install, then Administration -> Plug-in management. You should be able to install there.

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Thanks for answer. I installed plugin. We will test it soon.

Thanks

photo

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your support.

Fariz did the installation of the plugin, but i still see the same data as before.

Do we need to do any change before? We are using the column REPORTFIELDTEMPLATE.ValidationFunctionName

1a0477ca077608f3c5b0059d09946538

Thanks

Evan Bessa

photo

Hi Chris, Good morning.

Can you please help me with that?

Thanks a lot

Evan

photo

Hi Evan,

Thanks for the feedback. This plugin came directly from the dev team themselves, so I've passed on your report and am awaiting a response. I've specifically asked how to get the plugin's formatting to trigger.

I'll let you know as soon as I get a response.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

I hope you're doing well.

Any answer?

Thanks

Evan Bessa

photo

Hi Evan,

Apologies for the delay, I've been on annual leave.

From the screenshot it appears the plugin is working to some degree, as there's no square brackets appearing in the field.

Is the name of the field Field_2898214? inAs the formatter shouldn't be applying a field_<id> appearance like that.

Please could you also send over a screenshot of the calculation in the report, and the generated SQL for the report?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris, Good morning.

Actually the plugin is not working, the Field_2898214 is without brackets also on our production environment that has no plugin.

Attached is the screenshot of calculated field and the sql.

Thanks

Evan Bessa

photo

Hi Evan,

I've passed your feedback and the attachments to the dev team, so I'm just awaiting a response from them.

I'll keep you updated.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Evan,

I've created a specific ticket for your problem and I'm going to close this one off as it's an idea post. Please see here

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file