Two colour variables in a line chart

Julia Mazur shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi all,

I was wondering, if it is possibile to add two or more colour variables in a line chart. If not, do you know any other way to seperate a line chart between two variables across more than one variables?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julia

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Julia,

Thakns for reaching out to support with your question. I'm thinking you would like to change a single line's color based on some parameter or threshold, something like this?

4a93928533bae041656e4ff16f7fe449

It doesn't look like this is possible currently. I can create an enhancement request for developers to look into including this functionalityin a future version, would you like to pursue that route?

There's also the possibility of using custom chart code to augment the current functionality, with Javascript Charts -

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/JavaScript+Charts

Our consulting team may be able to assist with building that type of content, is that something you would like to pursue?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

thanks for quick response!

Yes, it is close. But we rather want to create something like this one below. So, we want to create multiple lines based on more than one item. Do you have any ideas how to get there?

/a4d71b52fb11fbc9115169f514cfbc35

The javascript charts are an interesting option for us! I will have a closer look at the possibilities.

Thanks,

Julia

photo

Hi Julia,

Thanks for the reply here. Just to make sure I got this, If I were to illustrate this with our tutorial DB, an example would be similar to this - (ignore the tooltip, that's just there to show the field)

9bc02bf55ff8871382f6dd924ac53cee

In this case, I want to see a specific age of females as a separate third line. Is this accurate?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

yes, that's exactly what I want to do.

Regards,

Julia

photo

Hi Julia,

Thanks for confirming that for me. I was able to get multiple column variables onto an Overlay chart, using the Set Analysis function-

fe200283b06598fac3980ba08314e480

More info can be found here-

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Chart+Functions#ChartFunctions-setanalysis

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Julia,

Hope things are good on your end. Just wanted to make sure you had what you needed here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

yes, thank you very much!

Regards,

Juli

photo

Great to hear, Julia!

I'll go ahead and mark this question as Answered at this time. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Best,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file