How to connect to Yellowfin configuration DB?

Masa Shibata shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

How to connect to Yellowfin configuration DB?

I'm really new to using yellowfin and I'd lilke to recover a deleted dashboard.

I was going to try procedure of below link but I'm not sure how I should connect to Yellowfin configuration DB.

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/how-do-i-restore-an-olddeleted-dashboard

An administration link should be nenu but I couldn't find it.

Am I unable to acces to Yellowfin configurationh DB in case of that?

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Masa,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this. In order to recover a deleted dashboard, you will need to access your Yellowfin Configuration database outside of Yellowfin itself, using your DBA tool (this may be MySQL workbench, SQL Server Manager, PG Admin, etc). Restoring an item from the database, either via a backup (recommended) or via the queries in the article you have linked require direct access to your database itself. For this reason, you may need to reach out to your company's Database Administrator for assistance.

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Masa,

Hope you are well. I wanted to see if you had any further questions on this? Was there anything else I can assist with?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Thank you for your answer.

It seems that I didn't have approprite permission for the administration account.

I could found a person who has access right and we were able to recover deleted dashboard based on above procedure.

Your help is highly appreciated,Thanks again!

-Masa

photo

Please tell me how to connect DB to Yellowfin

photo

Hi Dhinesh,

I hope all is well,

Please see this link guiding you on how to connect to a DB.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Dhinesh,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my previous response. If you can get back to me that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file