Add ability to export Data Profiling results

Marc Daverat shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

I would like to benefit from data profiling functionnality results in order to build a couple of dashboards on top of Yellowfin repository and provide access to results without having to access the view.

Could you tell me which tables to consider in Yellowfin repository ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Marc

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Marc,

Thanks for reaching out. The tables you'd want to use would depend on what data in the repository database you're looking to use. Probably the easiest way to look through what is available would be to download our Audit Content package from the YF Marketplace here. You can go to Administration > Import > Custom Import so you can look through all the different reports, Views and Dashboards that are contained therein, then just choose what you'd like. Otherwise, please elaborate on the type of data you're looking to report off of from the repository database and I'll do my best to point you to it..

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Sorry, I might have been confused. What I'm interested in si the result of DAta Profiling at view level :

/08fbbdec5a16c090c1b13cb2797815b4

/13a39b271349599824c7ed7bfb72a34a

/ec740637fb5642b5737594a1d94dfbd0

Thanks,

Marc

photo

Hi Marc,

Thanks for clarifying. This data is not stored in the Repository Database. Data Profiling occurs in post-processing; it just looks at the data found in the field and generates recommendations based on calculations, most of which appear to be basic arithmetic or count() functions, performed on the data that's stored in the column. You can see that if you leave the page and come back, the histogram charts that are generated are no longer there and that is because they are not being stored anywhere. You can see if you hover over the charts, they are just JavaScript links.

In short, there's no way to get the values that are generated directly from the database directly, but you can write your own SQL queries to get the same results. For 2 quick examples, for Min value you would do something like

SELECT MIN(ReportId) FROM yf93.ReportHeader;
For Distinct Values it would be something like

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT ReportId) FROM yf92.reportheader;
Considering this, reporting off these values will ultimately take some manual work.

Hopefully this explanation makes sense, but please let me know if you have any follow-up questions or concerns on this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks Mike.

Too bad results are not stored somewhere - it was a good beginning on data profiling. I’m not sure I will implement it.

May I suggest Yellowfin to store results or at least provide some smart export in a future release as an enhancement?

Thanks,

Marc

BTW you may close this one

photo

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your response. I don't think that's a bad idea and I'd be happy to convert this to an Idea item and submit an enhancement request for further consideration from the dev team.

Just to make this idea as succinct as possible, the Idea would be to "Add ability to export Data Profiling results so the results can subsequently be imported and reported off of."

I've gone ahead and converted this to an Idea item, and any potential updates will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Great thanks

Marc Daverat

Valuable Data - Operation & Solutions

+33 6 81 45 72 11

De : Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi>

Envoyé : Monday, December 14, 2020 4:21:02 PM

À : Marc Daverat <marc.daverat@valuable-data.com>

Objet : New Comment in "Add ability to export Data Profiling results"

photo