Critical errors require server restart several times a day

Ryan Navratil shared this problem 3 years ago
Resolved

We went through one round of log review and investigation, and were not able to solve this problem:

Several times a day our embedded reports slow and eventually fail to load. A hard restart of the server is required.

Could we schedule a session with the YF team to get help in diagnosing?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out. What version/build are you on? You can find this information under Application Details in your info.jsp file, which can be accessed by appending '/info.jsp' to your login URL. For example, localhost:8080/info.jsp. You can also find this info under Administration > System Information.

Also, please provide a compressed copy of your entire logs folder, located at <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/logs, along with a timestamp for when one of your restarts was required, so we can investigate further.

I should note that in general, when there are server restarts required due to stalling and/or running out of memory, I'd say scheduled tasks are a common culprit, so I recommend checking the Schedule Management page to see if any tasks are scheduled to go off around the time the system is stalling.

The next step though, should nothing prove fruitful based on the logs, would be to briefly enable DEBUG logs, so we can capture what's going on at time of next restart being required. In addition to this info threads would be useful at this time. These can be captured by appending /info_threads.jsp to your login URL. It would be good to get a couple examples of this page when the issue is not happening as well, for a baseline. So if you can attach a couple example along with the info page, logs and timestamp(s) in your next reply, that would be great.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Ryan,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike-

We rebuilt some of our reports to streamline. We're good now. ok to close this ticket. thanks for your help-

photo

Hi Ryan,

That's great! Thanks for letting me know. Will do.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file