How to hide SQL from a view?

Mitchell Cooper shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

We have client orgs with roles assigned to those users. Everything is working great, however, I just noticed that despite having all of the options I can find to hide SQL/datasources, etc, if a user clicks on the View Summary, they still have the ability to View SQL, which exposes our database schema.

We want to allow our client orgs to create reports from the views, but under no circumstance do we want them to see what the underlying schema is. Is there a way I can hide the View SQL tab in the View Summary? Hopefully I am just missing something here. Attached are screenshots of the datasource/view permissions and the View SQL tab I am describing.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this. At this time there is not a way to hide this through a role permission, but I can definitely appreciate the need for a role like this so I've logged this as an Idea for an Enhancement Request. Before becoming a request, ideas will be reviewed by our Product Team and chosen for Enhancements based on feasibility, level of positive impact to the user experience, and votes from the community. This post will be updated with any future information relevant to this process.

To try and get you around this in the meantime, you could use the following custom css to hide the SQL menu option. While this is not a foolproof method (as someone could inspect the UI through the developer tools and unhide it), someone would need to know that they are looking for the option and find it in the css. Adding the attached hideSQL.css to your /Yellowfin/appserver/webapps/ROOT/customcss directory would remove this option from the UI for all users.

Please let me know if the css will help for now and I will keep you updated on any progress that is made from the enhancement.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Neal,

Thank you for the clarification. I have passed the info along to our front end devs to update. I appreciate your help!

photo

No worries, please let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Neal

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file