Is it possible to get the field value in code mode?

Renato Marcello dos Reis shared this idea 3 years ago
Completed

Hi guys,

I'm trying some new elegant dashboards and I'm really excited about all the possibilities around this new Code Mode in Yellowfin 9.

I was wondering if we can acquire the field value in code mode?

This can be done using javascript charts, but I didn't found anything in wiki about this possibility using the new code mode.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Renato Marcello

Best Answer
photo

Hi Renato,

Hope all is well in your world. I have had some feedback on this from one of our developers who has suggest (though not 100% sure this is what you are after), but you can get specific report field values with the registerOutputType function of the Report API.

If you have a look at this link on our wiki, you can see how can retrieve the report dataset (just like with JS Charts) that includes the raw, formatted, and HTML formatted values for each point in the report dataset. This might give you what you are after, but if not, please let me know and we will keep the enhancement in place for some additional details on your specific needs.

Cheers,

Neal

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Renato,

I have done some digging into this, and I am assuming you mean you are trying to access a specific value from a report (chart or table), in which case this is not possible at this time. However I can say that I have switched this to an Enhancement request to see if we can get this ability in the future. If anything comes of this I will let you know via this request.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Thats exactly what I was trying to achieve. I assumed that it would be possible as it does in JS Charts.

Anyway, I hope you guys can provide this possibility in a near future.

Regards,

Renato Marcello

photo

Hi Renato,

Hope all is well in your world. I have had some feedback on this from one of our developers who has suggest (though not 100% sure this is what you are after), but you can get specific report field values with the registerOutputType function of the Report API.

If you have a look at this link on our wiki, you can see how can retrieve the report dataset (just like with JS Charts) that includes the raw, formatted, and HTML formatted values for each point in the report dataset. This might give you what you are after, but if not, please let me know and we will keep the enhancement in place for some additional details on your specific needs.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Renato,

Hope you are well. I wanted to see if the article I sent (see here if you missed it) was able to give you the info you needed? If not, please let me know and I will pass on your feedback to the team.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

This is exactly what I was looking for.

I don't know how I could miss this one. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Renato Marcello

photo

Hi Renato,

That makes two of us! Glad this was able to give you the information you needed.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file