Report shouldn't get broadcasted if it's empty.

Alejandro Vinter shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Report shouldn't get broadcasted if it's empty.

What is need to configured?

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for reaching out. Probably the simplest way to accomplish this would be to set up an Alert-based Broadcast instead of a Continuous one. You can still configure a Frequency of Broadcast, but it will only be sent if the specified conditions are meant. In this case you could have a rule like "<FieldThatShouldAlwaysBeInReport> is not null then send," which would something like this:

/916dfdc3497db29886051d66eba7018d

You can read more about Alert-based Broadcasts in our Wiki here.

Please read through this and give this a go and let me know if you have any additional questions. Should you require additional assistance, please also respond with a copy of your info.jsp file, which can be accessed by appending '/info.jsp' to your login URL. For example, localhost:8080/info.jsp.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

This info is a workaround .

There is a parameter to cancel the report when is empty ( no data)

photo

Hi Alejandro,

Ah, so what you're saying is this parameter isn't working? Can you please point me to where in the application you see this option so I can test?

Also, can you please supply your '/info.jsp' page? I can't seem to find your client information.

Regards,

Mike

photo

I will check at client and will update you.

photo

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks. Please do.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Alejandro,

I think the info provided should cover everything you need an more. However please keep in mind this information is based on standard Yellowfin deployments. It looks like your implementation of Yellowfin is via Smart Reporting which is deployed as part of BMC ITSM suite, which can impact standard behaviour, especially around release features and limitations. I also believe the ARDJBC works a little differently in terms of returning an empty data set, vs returning data.

Unfortunately we will not be able to assist you further via Yellowfin support due to significant environment variables which change standard behaviour and documentation. As a BMC client, inquiries should generally be directed to their support staff http://www.bmc.com/support/support-central.html . BMC will then reach out to us if the need further assistance.

If you have any issues reaching out to BMC, or have any concerns with the level of support you're receiving, please feel free to send through feedback and we can relay to the relevant parties to try and resolve.

Thanks again, and apologies for not being able to assist further.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file