Jasper Reports version 9

Daniel shared this problem 3 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi!

I have updated my installation to version 9.2.1 from version 8

Now I am having problems with a Jasper report that was working correctly in version 8:

- It does not recognize the images, accessible through http (however, when exporting in PDF format the images do appear)

- Filters (parameters in Jasper report) not working properly. They only work when there is 1 filter. When there is more than one, they all appear with the same name and the message 'Incomplete filters - You must complete all listed filters.'

Before they worked perfectly, problems have arisen with the update

Thank you,

Regards!

Replies (38)

photo

Hi Daniel,

Are these existing Jasper reports or are they newly created using version 9? If they are existing, what happens if you create a new Jasper report?

Can you send me the yellowfin.log file, please?

With regards to filters, Yellowfin treats Jasper reports as Freehand SQL reports, you may need to supply parameters (very high and low values) to the filter in order to capture all data.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hello

I have tried with the report that was already created previously, and then I have also created a new report in version 9, getting the same error

Attach the log file

Regards

photo

Hello

Have you been able to see any of this?

Thank you!

photo

Hi Daniel,

Could you let me know what time you attempted to create the report so that I can narrow down where to look in the log?

Alternatively, you could delete the existing log file, take the same actions to repeat the error and then attach the new log file here.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hello

I attach the .log

Errors can be found on the date 08/25/2020, starting at 08:47

You can see that there is an error related to the images (however, the url where it looks for them is perfectly accessible) and another with the parameters (filters)

I also attach the Jasper report (jxrml made in TIBCO Jaspersoft Studio v. 6.12.2)

This same file, in version 8.0.2 of Yellowfin, worked perfectly

Regards,

Daniel

photo

Hi Daniel,

Yes this does appear to be a bug in Yellowfin which was caught a few days ago. A fix is targeted for 9.3.

I hope that helps!

As a workaround, does removing images from the jrxml affect the result at all?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris

Images may be temporarily deleted until there is a definitive solution

But would that fix the problem with the filters?

Regards

photo

Hello Chris

The images are important, but we can try to remove them

In any case, will that fix the filter problem?

On the other hand, this report is very important to my client, because it serves to measure progress every day.

When will version 9.3 be available?

Could this bug be fixed before the release of version 9.3?

Regards!

photo

Hello Chris

The images are important, but we can try to remove them

In any case, will that fix the filter problem?

On the other hand, this report is very important to my client, because it serves to measure progress every day.

When will version 9.3 be available?

Could this bug be fixed before the release of version 9.3?

Regards!

De: Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi>

Enviado el: lunes, 24 de agosto de 2020 18:09

Para: Daniel <contacto@endas.es>

Asunto: New Comment in "Jasper Reports version 9"

photo

Hi Daniel,

9.3 is currently set for the 24th September, provided no delays occur.

Yes, as the bug seems to be specific for the images, I would assume that removing them might help.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hello Chris

Sorry to insist, but in addition to the error of the images, there is another error that in my opinion is more important:

When you include more than one input parameter in the Jasper report (which will be filters in YF), in Yellowfin they all appear with the same name and it always indicates that there are parameters pending to be reported

Is this bug also reported for its fix in YF 9.3?

Thanks!

Regards

photo

Hi Daniel,

Are you able to grab a screenshot of this behaviour and include it here? It would help with the bug report process. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hello Chris

I attach a screenshot to you. As you will see, the last parameter of the report appears three times (“Fecha Hasta”, of type Date)

However, the report has three parameters: “Alumno”, “Itinerario” (both of type Text) and “Fecha Hasta” (of type Date)

Although you report values in all three parameters, it still says "Incomplete filters, you must complete all listed filters"

Below I detail the part of the imported jrxml file

Although it may seem unimportant, for the client in question it is a very important report, because they use it on a daily basis to measure parameters that they must present to auditors.

That is why the urgency to resolve this issue

Would it be possible to resolve the filter issue before the 9.3 release? The problem of the images is less important, because when you export the report, to PDF format for example, the images do appear correctly

Thank you!

Regards

photo

Hi Daniel,

It looks like the screenshot is missing from your reply below, could you try attaching it again, please?

I need to check with the dev team whether it also includes the fix for the filter issue. I believe it should as they had to rewrite the Jasper Report class loader for 9.3 and make it backwards compatible.

9.3 should be due out in 10 days, it might be advisable to roll back to 8 in the interim for your client if it's causing problems for them. Is that something that is possible?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris

sorry, I attach the screenshot

photo

It is not possible to go back to 8, they have already seen the functionality of 9.3 and it would be somewhat cumbersome

photo

Hi Daniel,

I do have a 9.3 beta version I can offer for you to try, but bear in mind that beta releases could have other bugs or missing features. Otherwise, the full version is due to release around the 24th September.

Let me know.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hello Chris

Will the final version include the solution to the two problems detected? (filters and images)

If so, I prefer to wait

Thank you,

Regards

photo

Hey Daniel,

I hope you are well!

Just to let you know, Chris is currently on annual leave, however, I have checked and the filters issue has been raised as a separate development task (also a known issue) - I cannot yet confirm whether this will make it into version 9.3 just yet, but once we know more, we will update you! :)

Also, I do have to tell you the release date for version 9.3 is not confirmed to be the 24th of September exactly :( Really sorry about that!

But it shouldn't be too long! :) and of course, we will keep you posted on official release dates too!

I will pop this ticket back to 'Defect Logged' (this is for tracking purposes) but let me know if you have any further questions, I will be happy to help :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley

Was a pleassure to talk with you

As I mentioned to Chris, the filter problem is the most urgent to solve. The images are secondary

The client is very upset with this, because it is a daily report that they cannot obtain, and they have regressed to the previous situation, where they obtain it manually

Can't solve this problem urgently?

Regards!

photo

Hi Lesley

Chris informed me that there was a possibility that you could send me a Beta version of 9.3

If that version fixes the filter problem in this report I am willing to give it a try, assuming it may contain other bugs not yet detected

Please confirm it

Thank you very much

Regards!

photo

Hi Daniel,

Sincere apologies but I was mistaken in our capability to give out beta builds and I'm unfortunately not able to offer you that option. However, I can assure that the release of 9.3 should be in the coming days.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hello Chris

OKAY. But I need to know if version 9.3 fixes the problem of filters in Jasper reports

Please confirm it

Greetings!

photo

Hi Daniel,

A second, filter-related bug was encountered during testing of the new changes in 9.3 and although it's currently not marked resolved, it is also under investigation. As Lesley said, we cannot confirm whether this will make it into v 9.3.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hello

I just installed version 9.3 and I see that the problem of filters in Jasper reports has not been fixed

Please, I need to know a date of solution to this problem because it is very important for me and for my client

Thank you,

Greetings

photo

Hi Daniel,

That's disappointing to hear. I'll look into getting this escalated with the development team so we can work out a solution for you and your client.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Thank you

I would appreciate it very much if it is like this

Greetings

photo

Hi!

Can you tell me something about this, have you gotten an answer from the development department?

Thank you!

photo

Hi Daniel,

Just providing an update on behalf of Chris and Lesley. Unfortunately there is no ETA on a solution, I can also say that this is not planned on being addressed in the upcoming 9.4 (due in December). Unfortunately you're stuck between a rock and a hard place;

- Stick with 9.3 for the dashboard and other improvements, though having the Jasper report not work as intended

- Roll back to 8 where the jasper report works as intended, however you miss the larger YF enhancements.

I wish I could help further and apologize for the bad news, and unaware of any other options at this point in time.

Thanks,David

photo

Hi Daniel,

I hope all is well,

Further to Davids comments, I just want to question what path you are looking to take with the 2 options available.

If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

Hi Mark

Finally I had to choose to keep version 8.03, giving up the improvements of the new versions, because there is no alternative to the report that we need

Regards

photo

Sorry for the bad news on that Mark!

photo
photo

Hi, is this issue with multiple parameters for Jasper Reports fixed in 9.6?

photo

Hi Rohan,

Unfortunately this issue has not been fixed yet in 9.6. Can I ask why you want to use Jasper reports in Yellowfin, as opposed to building the reports in Yellowfin itself? This might help us with prioritising the issue.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris

Would have preferred to use Yellowfin to build the reports but the reports are pixel perfect reports and as such its hard to recreate the report in Yellowfin

photo

Hello Chris.

The decision to implement the report in Jasper Reports instead of Yellowfin is due to the fact that it is much easier to make these types of reports (they are like a form with a predefined format, such as a sales invoice form) with a graphical tool like Jasper Studio that gets the data from the YellowFin database, and later import it to YF, than do it in Yellowfin.

The only way to do them in YF is to create a multitude of small reports (each field of the form is a report), and then place them on the dashboard canvas to match the format of our report.

Also, there is a lot of extra work to be done afterwards to square the label sizes, draw the field borders, etc ...

All the best

photo

Hi both,

We may have an interim build available which contains a fix that should be due for general release in 9.7. I am just inquiring on the status of this interim build and will let you know more as more information comes to light.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi, is there any update on this issue?

photo

Hi Allana,

9.7 is still due later in the year. However I don't have any further updates on this at this time. I'll add to our bug report that you are chasing it up.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi all,

I'm having this same issue in 9.7.2. Did the fix for this ever make it into a build?

photo
photo

Hi all,

I'm having this same issue in 9.7.2. Did the fix for this ever make it into a build?

Cheers,Edgar

photo

Hi Edgar,

It hasn't yet been fixed, but I'm assured that it will be looked at soon.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi guys,

Has there been any movement on this? There are two issues:

1. The filters breadcrumbs are displaying as Undefined

/b401fe40501f143573cde4cf4fa5dbd1

2. Yellowfin requires all filters to be completed, even though Jasper allows for blank filters.

/81e15775cae9eef810e5ef7255b601f2

photo

Hi all,

This is very important for my customer - has there been any movement on this?

Regards,

Edgar

photo

Hi Support,

Hope you are well.

Any update in regards to the filters not working in version 9.

I am using version 9.8.1.1 - the latest release.

Kind regards,

Mikayla

photo

Hi Mikayla,

We currently have this one scheduled to come in 9.9, which is due for release at the end of March.

Bear in mind this is a target version, not an absolute definite, but we are aiming to have it come soon! Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Daniel,

Just wanted to let you know that this task has now been completed and included in the latest 9.8.2 release.

Change logs for the release are here.

Please reach out if you have any further questions on this or let me know if you have any issues post update.

Thanks,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file