Export report to xml format

Kamate, Vikram shared this idea 3 years ago
Not Planned

Hi,

We need report to be exported in XML format.

Currently report can be exported in PDF, CSV, HTML etc.. but XML format is not supported.

We are planning to export report using API.

Can you please let us know if there is way to export report in XML format?

We are using Yellowfin 8.0.6

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

According to our documentation, this is possible via JSAPI -

https://developers.yellowfinbi.com/dev/api-docs/current/#operation/exportContent

Hopefully this answers your question?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Thank you Eric for update, just once clarification

API you mentioned will export only report template or it will export report with data?

We are looking for export report with data.

Thanks,

-Vikram

photo

Hi VIkram,

You're right, the jsapi tool is for the report template rather than the data... Currently report output to XML does not exist in the product, but I can submit a request to developers to look into the possibility of including this feature in a future release, would you be interested in pursuing this?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Please submit the request, and can you give us some rought ETA for same?

Thanks,

-Vikram

photo

Hi Vikram,

I've gone ahead and created a request to developers to look into this potetntial functionality. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I will in turn mark this ticket as Idea Logged for now. Feel welcome to reply here with any additional related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Guys,

Just to weigh in here, as there has been some discussion on this both internally, and directly with your team.

We require a deeper understanding of the use case to ensure we're taking the right approach. As it stands right now, having the ability to broadcast to XML will no doubt not fit your purpose as;

1. Dependencies will be included.

2. We're unsure if the meta data itself is in a format that is consumable by the end user.

So to really delve into this further we require the full use-case. For example;

1. What type of reports are being exported and where are they going?

2. What is picking up these .xml files and being done with them?

They is most likely already a way to achieve what the customer needs via converting CSV to XML, which from what I understand is fairly easy to do, though unfortunately a lot of the online articles I've found don't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Until we can get the required information we cannot move further with our review process.

Thanks,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file