Can we customize text - "Refresh Cache Filter" on reports?

Mansi Sharma shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi Team,

I wanted to know can we customize the text "Refresh Cache Filter"?

I need to change it to "To refresh Filter Values please click here" or something more user friendly.

Our client need this link to be more readable for non-technical users.

Please let me know how feasible it is to change it.

Thanks,

Mansi Sharma.

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Mansi,

yes it is possible to change any application text by following the simple instructions in this old forum post which is basically changing the text in the ApplicationResources.properties which is found in the main library "i4-core.jar", however, there is a catch....every time you do an upgrade it will overwrite your change, so in order to keep the change you will have to redo it after every upgrade.

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

I am unable to open the forum post commented by you at the start. When I click on it, it is redirecting me to community home page.

Can you post the latest link of the article?

Regards,

Syed

photo

Hi Syed, yeah it's on article that should no longer be relevant. If you can let me know what you're trying to do I can provide some additional help with it.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for looking into it, but yeah I got it what I had previously done to change the text :)

Regards,

Syed

photo

Ok no problems, if you ever wanted to pick this up and handle this via more of a permanent solution let me know.

Alternatively please reach out if there was anything else you were after.

Thanks,

David

photo
photo

Thanks David,

I will try this and will update you if it works.

Thanks,

Mansi Sharma.

photo

Hi David

Thanks a lot for your help - I could change the text to "Please click here to refresh filters" as you suggested above and it worked as expected.

Just wanted to check if i can change the color and text size of the same link?

Please let me know if there is any way to achieve it.

Thanks,

Mansi Sharma.

photo

Hi Mansi,

if you are interested in custom CSS then you should definitely read this wiki article.

I have done a quick inspection of the element you are interested in and it looks like the class name is a.i4bodytext which you'll probably find in the ie.css file as described in the wiki article.

Good luck with your restyling!

regards,

David

photo

Hi Mansi,

I'm just cleaning up my worklist and I noticed that this ticket has been stuck with the "Awaiting Reply" status for a month now. How did you get on with this? Would you like this ticket closed now?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Mansi,

I notice that there has been no reply to my previous communication from 4 weeks ago about the status of this ticket so I am going to mark this ticket as "Completed" now.

However, if you subsequently feel that this new status is not befitting of the ticket then all you have to do is to respond to it, and your very response will place the ticket back in my work list in active mode.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

I got it done - thanks for the help. You can close this request now.

Thanks,

Mansi Sharma.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file