Export Forecast results to Excel and Database

Pratap Singh shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

HI,

I have few questions regarding the forecasting, could you please clarify on the following?

1. If the input data is in days, could we consolidate the input data into buckets such as weeks, fortnight or custom periods.

2. Is it possible to export the forecast data into excel?

3. Is it possible to save the forecast data into any Table using actionable dashboards or any other way-out?

Hope there is any workaround.

Regards

Pratap

Replies (4)

photo

Hi,

We need to commit to a prospect, and need this information.

can you please provide the information as soon as possible .

Regards

Pratap

photo

Hi Pratap,

Do you mean the forecast function of the chart builder?

If so,

1. Yes, you can change the units, see below:

/5bf46fa1b0bd0a71b300f233266157a8 - To have fortnights or custom periods, you may have to do some manipulation on the data itself in the data tab, perhaps by creating a calculated field.

2. It's currently not possible to export the data itself - the forecast data is displayed on a chart, and the chart itself can be exported to Excel.

3. As this question is similar to 2, the same answer applies - you can export the chart but not the data. However I can see the use case of these two questions. I can submit an enhancement request to the dev team if you like.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi ,

Please submit a enhancement request for this. users want to have the actual forecasted values in excel or in database.

Regards

Pratap

photo

Hi Pratap,

That's been recorded as an enhancement!

We'll let you know once the dev team has had a chance to look at it, but hopefully we'll see it in an upcoming version of Yellowfin!

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file