Percentage value in pie chart is rounded up

Nick shared this problem 3 years ago
Defect Logged

Hi,

When displaying a pie chart with a percentage value, the value is rounded up whereby the total sum of the rounded value doesn't equal 100%.

We have a workaround, but we would like to know if this behavior can be changed or would this be a defect?

Thanks,

Nick

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Nick,

I'll have a look into this behaviour and get back to you with an update shortly. Can I ask what workaround you use?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

So when we enable "labels" in Chart, there are 3 options, among which are value and percentage.

What we do is calculate the % manually (or using the advanced function) and then display it as the value. In this case, value will show the value with the defined number of decimal places, and percentage will be the rounded percentage value(which seems to be as designed).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

I was able to replicate this whereby the total displayed value added up to only 99%.

/23a7261acae6cc300f9f729d513c423e

We do have a longstanding related bug report and in that case it's to do with using advanced functions on the data, however that results in wildly inaccurate percentages being shown.

What behaviour are you seeing? What's the total percentage value you have displayed?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that.

I don't have the steps handy, except for the workaround (attached). But I do know, that the issue is reproducible without the use of Advanced Functions.

We have seen this happening for many users across different orgs.

If it is a bug, is it going to be fixed at some point? Or is there the possibility to raise this as an enhancement: to allow decimal places on % labels on a pie chart?

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick

Thanks for this, I've logged it as a defect - can I confirm the behaviour you're seeing, however? You mention it doesn't equal 100%, what does it equal for you? Does it go over?

Can I also ask which point release of Version 8 are you running currently?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the lack of details.

It is similar to you where the sum equals to 99%.

Is it possible to raise an idea to introduce decimal places in the % labels also?

Version is as follows:

Application Version:8.0.4Build:20200201

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Thanks for confirming!

Yes, I can see the use-case for that. I've gone and created a separate post for the idea, which you can find here.

I'll set the status on this one to defect logged while we wait for dev feedback.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Aweome. Thanks Chris.

-Nick

Leave a Comment

Attach a file