How to configure custom 404 page for Yellowfin's tomcat?

Rodrigo Mercado shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

Do you have steps to configure a custom 404 page for 7.3 Yellowfin's tomcat 8.5.57?

I have a customer that uses bellowscript to configure the custom 404 page for other BMC apps using tomcat, however, it breaks the logging process in Smart Reporting(Yellowfin 7.3).

It is a security concern as the OTB tomcat 404 page shows the version of the tomcat.

In \Conf\web.xml he added the following:

index.html
        index.htm
        index.jsp
	Redirect.jsp

Redirect.jsp

Attached is log that shows error message when the script is enable and users try to login.

Thank you!

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Rodrigo,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this. I will start by saying that I can see that the same page used as the 404 error page is being used as the Welcome page, is that intentional?

We don't have a guide for creating custom error pages, but from the looks for the errors in the logs the Redirect.jsp page is performing a sendRedirect() call after some other action has been performed (like a forward). Unfortunately coding custom error pages is outside the scope of our standard support offering, however if you require assistance I can reach out to your CSM to look at organizing some consulting time for this.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Rodrigo,

Hope your week is going well. I wanted to see if you were able to resolve this issue? Please let me know if you would like me to reach out to your CSM for additional assistance on this.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Rodrigo,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file