Connecting to SAP : any SAP JCO connector planned ?

Marc Daverat shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi team,

Having a look to SAP JCO connector provided by SAP and to other BI vendors embedding it, it seems quite promising to use it to access SAP data when no BW is in place.

Any connector using it planned on Yellowfin side ?

Kind regards,

Marc

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Marc,

Looking through our current tasks and documentation I am not seeing plans for this on the Yellowfin side.

I will reach out to my team to verify whether there are currently plans around implmenting the SAP JCO connector and let you know what I find out.

I should ask, are we encountering issuees attempting to connect Yellowfin to a SAP data source?

Best,

Jared

photo

Hi Jared,

There is no issue accessing a SAP database using JDBC database connector, but the access provided to data does not include any business logic - data are stored in many tables with part duplicate records. Using JCO connector ensures that you get the good data using standard SAP processes.

Thanks,

Marc

photo

Hi Marc,

I brought this to my team for discussion, unfortunately we don’t currently have plans on building a native connector for SAP JCO. There are still ways to report off your data set, and the easiest way is to go down the JDBC method if your data provider supports it.

How would you know if your data provider supports it? Google is our friend here. E.g. How to connect to Facebook Ad data via JDBC. However, please be aware that you may find ‘paid’ results returned which push you to paid services.

There are some methods we could suggest, though something that would need to be discussed with your CSM as they do involve external connectors/services at a cost.

Would you like me to pass this onto your CSM On your behalf?

Apologies if we could not be of further assistance in this matter.

Best,

Jared

photo

Hi Marc,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Jared

photo

Hi Marc,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that I will be marking this as 'Answered' due to inactivity.

If we wanted to approach this again in the future you can re-open this by leaving a comment on the ticket.

Thanks,

Jared

Leave a Comment

Attach a file