Drill Down without effecting rank

Deannah shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I am using the Rank acceding functionality.

Is it possible to drill down using the attribute Location but not effect the ranking?

At the moment when im drilling down to look at one venue its scoring it as the best - because its only out of one.

What am i doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Deannah

Replies (6)

photo

Hey Deannah,

Have you tried using the sort function when clicking the arrow on the report field?

bc52036afac08b6a581e5d3eee74a715

So here I have applied Ascending order on the 'Athlete Region' Field -

73da5b40b3dc3c2a9a24bb8888c6ae2d

Which then automatically applies to the field I drill down to -

169c905db25baeb987b7196e9931ea5b

To demonstrate this applying, I changed 'Athlete Region' to Descending order as well -

6a393c785bd2fb7462411a0300924782

And as you can see when drilling down on 'Asia' again, this has kept the 'Descending' order format -

271a7e388502756e57b53c1b8a45b323

Let me know if this helps at all!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Deannah,

I hope you are well!

Just wanted to check in here to see if my last response/ suggestion helped in any way?

Let me know :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

HI Lesley,

I'm not 100% sure this is what i'm trying to achieve.

What i have is a score so locations rated from 1 - 50 eg 43rd place but when i click on that individual shop to show the break down of the score its ranking them then 1 or 1 instead of retaining the score they got in comparison to the other locations.

Does that make sense?

I'm looking for a way for the score to be retained when i drill down.

Many thanks,

Deannah

photo

Hey Deannah,

I hope you are well! and I am so sorry about the delay here!

So yes, I think I know what you mean now -

So here is my example

I have the camp region and they are ranked from 1-5

Europe is ranked as number 1 and when I click on Europe, it then drills down to the countries which is then ranked in comparison to each country

8cc65fd1d00126237e4c17cc6a0a1562

fcba8828439b2b089acd84ab51776f65

but instead, you want this to show the score they got - So in my case, this would show the ratings they got for each country...like so -

5bbe7d2c703ae4291166d0821c612608

7d962585be2075e0b8beabee811639e9

So clicking on Europe, then gave me the ratings for each country in that region, instead of the rank.

Is this more of what you were after?

If so, instead of having a drill down, it sounds like you might want a Drill Through.

You would need to create 2 report, you already have 1 of them which is the locations rated from 1-50then you will need another report with the individual shops and + their score

Go back to the original report and make this a Drill Through, add the second report to the related content section and link the fields together - This should give you the results you want....(if I have understood correctly, but please correct me if I got it wrong!!)

Let me know! :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Deannah,

I hope you are well and have had a lovely week!

Just wanted to check in to see if you received my last response regarding the use Drill Throughs to get the desired results here, rather than drill down?

As drill down will keep the format of the report it is drill from, but drill through is going to the created report with the linked fields

Let me know :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Deannah,

I hope you are well and have had a lovely week!

Just to let you know, I will be closing this ticket due to inactivity, however, if my previous suggestion did not help, please let me know! I will be happy to continue helping :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file