Hiding a filter for embedded reports and Dashboards

Dylan Cooke-Tonnesen shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi

We are busy embedding BI reports and dashboards into our system. There are some filters we need to be shown and some that just needs to be used in the backend such as the TeanantGUID - we don't want this filter shown. Is their a way to hide filters for embedded BI reports and dashboards?

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for reaching out. When you say you don't want a filter to display, are you talking about when you click on the Filter icon to display filters?

/ea85a499ccbba39e0ce2ecb9fec32265

If so, is the request to basically only display certain filters here? Generally, the filters that will show up here are User Prompt filters. If I hardcode a value for Year, say Define Value Between 2011 and 2014, that doesn't show up in the list above. Is the TeanantGUID hardcoded? If not, where is that filter value being fed from?

If it's a user prompt filter, I don't think it possible to hide it in this context, but I can look it at more after receiving a bit more background info, perhaps along with corresponding screenshots, which should help us better guide you here.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Dylan,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Dylan,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file