Deleting Folders

Deannah shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I'm looking to delete old folders that are no longer used by my team. I have emptied the folder of views/reports/dashboards etc. But when i go to delete the actual folder i get this error message - found in the attachment.

Any help to get these deleted would be fab

Deannah

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Deannah,

Thanks for reaching out. This means there are still some view's and dashboards referencing the folder in the back-end.

The first step will be identifying the corresponding ContentTypeCode and ContentCode for the folder from in the ContentManagement table. You'll see that ContentTypeCode refers to the parent folder, and ContentCode to the sub-folder.

/6cc1b7ecf8edbc7513a08fa85a2aacf8

Then, taking those values, say they were TUTORIAL and ATHLETE. You can look for those values in the ReportView table under ContentCategoryCode and ContentSubCategoryCode, respectively.

/38592199f9a0a23a9a897eb9dcb1dfdb

In your case, there should be six of these that likely either have a ViewStatusCode of 'ARCHIVED' or 'OPEN', though there could be other corresponding status codes. You can either re-assign the ContentCategoryCode and ContentSubCategoryCode to another folder, as per the ContentManagement table, or just delete the entries outright, since that seems to be what you're trying to do anyway.

Last, since a Dashboard is being specified you'll find an entry corresponding to the Content Folder in the CategoryCode and SubCategoryCode columns of the ReportGroup table, which is where Dashboard's are stored. This will be the same process as you did for the ReportView table above.

Once deleted all content is re-assigned or deleted, you should then be able to delete the Content Folder from the UI. Your other option would be to delete the content folder outright in the ContentManagement table from the get-go, but this will leave orphaned records in the other two tables, so it's probably best to address this all together.

Please let me know how goes and whether you have any follow-up questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Deannah,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Deannah,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file