Why Boolean datatype is not available as argument for Custom Function?

Sumit Patel shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

I had just gone through the below link for implementation of "Custom Function" in Yellowfin

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Custom+Functions

But found that i cant implement a custom function on a argument of datatype Boolean.

I need this to implement a custom function for my dashboard.

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Sumit,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this. At this time, you are correct in stating that Custom Functions don't support Boolean datatypes, but if you can provide some more detail on what you are trying to achieve we might be able to assist with an alternative path forward.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

Thanks for a quick reply.

In my case i am trying to create a custom function which checks a boolean column inside case statement and returns different columns on different states.

photo
photo

Hi Neal,

Thanks for a quick reply.

In my case i am trying to create a custom function which checks a boolean column inside case statement and returns different columns on different states.

photo

Hi Sumit,

Sorry for the delay. This should be possible by using a Simple Calculated field. I have just tested this on a report which has a boolean value and will display the Name column if it is true or the ProductNumber if false:

6944d106a7f171dd5e9f86739ab37827

Would this meet your requirements? Please let me know if you are able to implement the same or if you have any issues with this.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Sumit,

Hope you are well. I wanted to check in to see if the suggestion I gave you was able to give you the outcome you needed? Was there anything else I can do to help with this?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Sumit,

Hope you are doing well. I am touching base to see if you have been able to get what you were after with my suggestion? Was there something else I can help with?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Sumit,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file