Report Canvas does not print correctly

Zack Wilson shared this problem 3 years ago
Resolved

Hello,

I am having issues figuring out how to get my Report Canvas to show correctly when I print... I am not sure why it is not working (see my examples below).

Report Canvas Preview (before print):

/f34d550e776526a6a040a6e2a4ee7fbb

Report Canvas "Print" (after 'print'):

/4d2b65df82e97c800c6890f87f98e230

This is not the first time I have ran into this. However, this is one I would like formatted properly for printing.

Help...?

Thanks,

Zack

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Zack,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

Could you provide some details on the report setup for replication purposes? For example is this a specific type of co-display, is the "Smith Brothers" logo a header object, etc?

Also, just to double check, you're using the "print" feature from the export menu I assume? I did a quick test on a tutorial report, and as you can see there are formatting issues here as well -

/3124c1c2622fb80dd50856b315f0f4a9

So I believe we will need to make adjustments to how the "print" function works, for these elements to get the desired output.

Since this functionality is pretty obviously broken in 9.2.2, I could submit this to developers as is, but please let me know any specifics so I can make sure you are covered.

In the meantime, perhaps you could test a different type of export like to PDF, that could get you by in the meantime?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Zack,

Just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to review my reply at this time?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Eric,

It seems to work okay when exporting to pdf.

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hi Zack,

Glad to hear you've found what sounds like a workaround here. But maybe not... perhaps this is the preferred workflow for your organization vs the "Print" function? I know some clients who were using the Print export type for the opposite reason (e.g. the PDF export had issues). We can pursue the enhancement to make "print" work as well, just wanted to make sure that's what you're looking for.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Eric,

"Print" is more what we are looking for right now... I am trying to rid the company of paper, but most people are stuck in using paper copies. There are some instances where it is good to be able to print, but PDF is what I am pushing. In the meantime, if we can get the "Print" function working, that would be great!

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hi Zack,

Thanks for the reply here, helpful to have the "big picture."

Would you be able to identify all the failing elements here -

"cover types - leather" - text widget?

oval shape widget (?) with drop shadow

"top 10 covers - by quantity ordered" - text?

"corporate totals" - text?

"smith brothers of berne" - image?

"s" logo - image?

Just want to make sure I identify all affected elements for developers when I make the task.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Zack,

Hope things are good on your end, just wanted to check in to see if you were able to identify the affected elements on your report canvas, so we can get a dev task going for this issue?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Zack,

I've gone ahead and created a developer task for one of the inconsistencies mentioned here - the shape widget missing from the print output. I'll attach this ticket to the task so updates will be provided here as they are available. I will in turn mark this problem as Defect Logged for now; if you would like to get any additional specifics addressed here feel welcome to send a reply.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Zack,

Hope things are good on your end. Just wanted to follow up on this issue - I saw this dev task was closed as it was fixed with the new exporter. Have you been able to upgrade and get this functionality working at this time?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Zack,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed at this time. Feel welcome to re-open with a reply if you still have issues after an upgrade.

Thanks,

Eir

Leave a Comment

Attach a file