Is it possible to get a list of dashboards using the jsAPI

Oliver Wood shared this idea 3 years ago
Completed

Can you get a list of all dashboards available through jsAPI v3

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question.

I don't believe there's a native "list dashboards" function that at this time, however there's the possibility of making a developer task to look into this possibility, would you be interested in this? At this time you'd need to use web services, or query the Yellowfin config DB directly...

One way you might be able to achieve this, is to make a Yellowfin report from the Config DB, that had the desired dashboard list, and call this report using jsAPI. Does this sound like a possible solution here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Oliver,

Hope things are good on your end, just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to review my reply at this time?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Sorry for delay, have been away last week.

Thanks for your response,

You suggested there would be a possibility of making this a developer task ‘however there's the possibility of making a developer task to look into this possibility’, we would be interested.

In the meantime can you tell me what table I would need to query to get the list of dashboards.

Regards

Oliver

Reply to: Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi>

Date: Thursday, 17 September 2020 at 19:30

To: Oliver Wood <owood@tekwurx.com>

Subject: New Comment in "Is it possible to get a list of dashboards using the jsAPI"

photo

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the reply here. I'll go ahead and create a developer task to look into the potential inclusion of this functionality in a future version.

In the meantime, here is a query for the "dashboard user details" report from the Yellowfin Audit Content package. This should provide you with the info you're looking for in the meantime.

60717f301261333d064155b56b43ba88

Is there anything else i can assist with here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Oliver,

Good news - the Yellowfin jsAPI now includes the ability to get lists of dashboards, as per user group -

https://developers.yellowfinbi.com/dev/api-docs/current/#operation/getUserGroupDefaultDashList

You could make a special group to return the data you were looking for, but this might not be exactly what you're looking for?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Oliver,

Just wanted to provide an update- devs have suggested this API call as a potential workaround -

https://developers.yellowfinbi.com/dev/api-docs/current/#operation/getExportableContent

would this be a viable solution here?

Thanks,
Eric

photo

Hi Oliver,

Just wanted to check in to confirm you were still pursuing a solution on this.

Thanks,
Eric

photo

Hi Oliver,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed due to inactivity at this time. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file