Long Running Report Popup Time

Dean Flinter shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi,

We wanted to lengthen the time it takes for the Long Running Report popup to appear

We followed the advice here: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/how-can-i-set-the-popup-time-for-long-running-reports

We tried 30,50 and 60 secs but it appears to have no effect as the popup appeared after 5 seconds as usual

Can you advise how we can accomplish this? Perhaps something has changed since the above post?

Thanks

Dean

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Dean,

Thanks for reaching out. This is working for me. At first I was getting the pop-up in 5 seconds (the default), but after re-configuring it to 10, it takes 10, and putting it to 30, my report loads in 23 seconds, so I don't see the pop-up.

Let's confirm the changes are being picked up. When you restart Yellowfin there should be an entry in the yellowfin.log during startup that looks like this:

/8cc773fa021d0984a1a9eae73e5e5a41

As you can see here I changed my Execute Queue Size to 6 and my Queue Item wait time to 30 seconds.

Please restart Yellowfin.log and make sure this entry is there by searching 'Queue Item wait time', and that the value is correct. If you're in a clustered environment you should do this in your web.xml for all servers. Please let me know what you find and how goes.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks Mike

We'll try again tomorrow and we'll do a log pull then to see if it picks it up

Regards

Dean

photo

Hi Dean,

Sounds good! Please do.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Turns out it was human error

All sorted now and working as expected so you can close this one off

Thanks

Dean

photo

Hi Dean,

Thanks for letting us know! Will do.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file