Error: java.lang.Exception: FieldTemplate not found

Mukta shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I have a new version of a report to load on a server and the import process is causing an error when I try to overwrite the existing report.

The error in the yellowfin.log is:

ERROR (V4ImportProcess:importAdminItems) - Error: java.lang.Exception: FieldTemplate not found for field with column name: AsAt Balance Amount

Regards,

Mukta

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Mukta,

when dealing with import errors we have found that by far the best and quickest way to deal with them if for us to get a full dump of your YF DB over here, and also just the schema of your data warehouse (i.e. we usually don't need the actual data warehouse data, just the empty tables). I have created an account for you on our FTP website, you should receive an email containing your login details (if you can't find it check your spam folder). Please let us know when you have uploaded the YF DB and DW schema.

regards,

David

photo

Also, the issue is when I am replacing the older version of report and view.

If I am deleting the older version of reports and views and then importing the newer version, it works fine.

photo

Hi Mukta,

thanks for the extra information.

Which version and build of Yellowfin are you using? (for example, version 7.3, build 20170420)

You can get this information from Admin Console->System Information.

regards,

David

photo

Thanks Dave.

Version:7.1 and build: 20160728

photo
photo

Hi Mukta,

that build is almost one year old, and I know for a fact that towards the end of last year our developers focused on fixing import/export bugs, so I would say that the odds are pretty good that if you upgraded to the latest 7.1 build the issue may be resolved. This is not a guarantee of course, but I feel confident that it will do the trick.

If you are not able to try this then we will have to work through this issue via the first approach I mentioned, i.e. your uploading of your Yellowfin DB and data warehouse schema to our FTP site.

Please let me know what you decide to do.

regards,

David

photo

Thanks Dave.We have upgraded to 7.3.I will check if importing to 7.3 resolves the issue.

photo

Hi Mukta,

great! Please let me know how it goes.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Mukta,

just wondering whether the upgrade resolved that import issue you were experiencing?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Mukta,

it's been 2 weeks since my last communication about the status of this question and there has been no response, so I'm going to mark it as answered, however if you feel that is incorrect then just respond and then the question will re-open and appear back on my worklist.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file