Brushing and dashboard filters : how to make it work on 9.2.2

Marc Daverat shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi team,

I have a simple line chart report displaying some figures on timeseries basis. Brush works perfect and allows to zoom in.

I included this report with another one displaying a simple table also based on timseries.

Both reports have a filter on timeseries field.

On the dashboard, I setup a global filter based on first report timeseries filter and I have linked the second report. Using this filter works well.

I would like to filter second report records based on first report brushing. In previous versions, this was done at dashboard filter link leveL, but in 9.2.2, I cannot find it anymore.

Could you help ?

Thanks,

Marc

Best Answer
photo

Hi Marc,

Thanks for reaching out with this.

If we are working with compatible fields we can link them within the 'Interactions menu' after clicking on a report within the dashboard:

/90e020348f33f9d7ee732abab3ed2bbc

Is this the interaction menu you were looking for? If not would you be able to provide screenshots of the dashboard /reports you are working with? If you are able to provide screenshots we can also make this ticket private in order to protect any potentially sensitive data.

Let me know if this information is what you were looking for.

Best,

Jared

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Marc,

Thanks for reaching out with this.

If we are working with compatible fields we can link them within the 'Interactions menu' after clicking on a report within the dashboard:

/90e020348f33f9d7ee732abab3ed2bbc

Is this the interaction menu you were looking for? If not would you be able to provide screenshots of the dashboard /reports you are working with? If you are able to provide screenshots we can also make this ticket private in order to protect any potentially sensitive data.

Let me know if this information is what you were looking for.

Best,

Jared

photo

Thanks Jared - This is exactely what I was looking for.

Thanks for helping !

Marc

photo

Hi Marc,

Glad the information provided did the trick!

I will go ahead and mark this as answered.

Please feel free to reach out to us with any other questions or issues.

Best,

Jared

Leave a Comment

Attach a file