How to hide field in View

Asif Bhat shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

We have created a calculated field on "Notes" field which is of type "NTEXT".

In the calculated field (Notes-NEW) I converted the "Notes" Field from ntext to Varchar using the concvert function.

Now I want to hide the "Notes" field in the View so that no one will use this field and use the calculated field.

Is there a way to do it ?

Kind Regards,

Asif Bhat

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Asif,

Yes there is a way to hide the calculated field or any other field that you want to hide. When in the view, you would need to select the Restricted Access Level under the format of the field you are interested in. This will then show the Notes Field under the View Security ICON, which you then add which users can see this. When they go into the report building, the Notes field will no longer appear. Please see below images for a quick understanding of this.

Please refer to the View security here for more information.

The following shows I have created a Calculated Field called New Campaign from Campaign and then applied the security to the Campaign Field for only The Sys Admin. The New Campaign will be the only option viewable of the 2 for users other than the Sys Admin, but the Sys Admin will see both.

Please let me know if this is what you are looking to do.

Regards,

Paul

388d65acefc494cf64143d3c478b1399

0f78326241eec8556748e517fd3169aa

photo

Hi Asif,

Just following up on this ticket and wondering if this been resolved?

photo

Hi Asif,

I have not heard anything back from in regards to this so just seeing how it is going. If you could get back to me and let me know if you need further help or whether this has been resolved, that would be great.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Asif,

It has been a couple of weeks since my first reply on this question. Are you okay for me to close off this ticket now. If you need, you can always re-open.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Asif,

As I have not heard back from you for some time with this ticket. I will close it off for now. Feel free to re-open this if you need further information.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

I would like to add over here, we are also facing the same issue, having more than 50 fields which we want to hide from the model, so while creating custom reports those field should not be visible to report creation users. So why can't we have just hide option in the model for those field which will not be visible during report creation like we have given for the column hiding in the report side.

We have same ask for to hide provisioning for report filters. Like some filters are required to be created for to achieve drill through condition but those should not be part when i ran the report individually so good to have option to hide the filters.

Thanks,

Harsh

photo

Hi Harsh,

You can configure access levels for fields in a view and set up a number of permissions for users of the view in reports. If you want to just hide a field, the 'display column' option should cover that.

/9904b1ee27f77bc97f0955c64522db9d

For hiding filters, that would best be covered under a separate ticket, if you want I can create one.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Thanks Chris for your reply, just explain in details our requirement is we are using those column somewhere in our out of box report, but we don't allow our customer to create report from those column. So when we restrict the column and it doesn't shows when we create custom report but wherever we used in the report its failing with restriction error (where used that attribute as filter) or not showing that column as part of report, and when we doesn't set display column, its shows in model while creating report. So either of scenario we are not achieve full use case as mentioned.

For filter please raise ticket, that would help us.

photo

Hi Harsh,

Can you provide a few screenshots of the settings for columns you have setup with restrictions, the error and what exactly you want it to do? I'm unable to visualise what is happening from your description alone.

Could you also explain a bit more how hiding the filters should work? Are you saying you want them to be filters that are only available on drill-through reports? Should they appear before or after the drill through?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file