Ability to Search user based on User Id / Corporate Id.

Abhijeet Teli shared this idea 7 years ago
Completed

Hi Team,

We would love to see the functionality to search Yellowfin Users based on Yellowfin User ID along with First Name and Last name.

In our current deployment Yellowfin is tightly integrated with our Legacy application and we use WebServices to create users in Yellowfin. Users will be fetched from Legacy application and gets created in Yellowfin via utility.

In our legacy application User ID is something we call it as Corporate ID and same gets synced in Yellowfin as User ID as our User base is relatively large its very difficult to search users from their First name or Last name due common names.

If Yellowfin provides user to search based on User id as well it will be much easier because of the uniqueness.

Thanks,

Abhijeet

Replies (8)

photo

I echo Abhijeet's Idea ! If this feature can be added as "Addition qualification" for the User Search, that will be really great. As some user would like search the users using either the Name or some may using the User Id

Regards

Sachin

photo

Thanks for the idea, we will review and see how this fits into our plans in the coming months.

photo

The ability to search for users by their user ID / email address would be quite useful indeed!

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

Having a look into this and I'm trying to understand exactly what sort of use-case we are talking about here.

Are you trying to search for a user via a web-service? Or we are talking about finding a user via the UI?

If so, what is reason for searching, e.g. Distribution, modify user profile settings .

Once I have this, I can work out what is/isn't possible and what we can change to support this.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

Its the UI requirement not the Web-service and per our requirement the enhanced search algorithm should be available at all places ie; Distribution, User Modification etc.

In-fact it should have been re-used globally.

Quick example of problem user faces, (at the time of broadcast).

a272a2128c518d3fa08338a4890312d9

Its very tricky to find the correct user from the list.

Thanks,

Abhijeet

photo

Hey David,

Any further updates or questions ?

Thanks,

Abhijeet

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

Sorry for the delays on this.

Yeah I think searching for user by UserID/Email/First Name/Last Name should all be possible.

An idea has been logged for the ability to search for user by UserID and linked to this post. If there is any movement on this, we will update the post.

Thanks,

David

photo

I had added the wrong tracking ID, YFN-548, is the correct one. This has been completed and will be in the EOM March release.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file