Jasper Report Integration: User friendly filters

Travis shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

Is there a way to have Yellowfin prompt the user for filters when using an uploaded jasper report definition. I know you can setup parameter on the report and that Yellowfin will prompt for the value, but we are looking for something more complex. We would like to have the user be prompted for items from a selection list. This list needs to come from the data source similar to how filters can be setup on a normal report. Other things like Date ranges would be useful too. Is there a way to configure this in Yellowfin or something specific that needs to be in the jasper report definition in order for Yellowfin to accommodate this?

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Travis,

those sort of filtering options you have described must be set up in the original Jasper report definition as Yellowfin just takes the Jasper report "as-is".

regards,

David

photo

Does this mean it is possible to set it up in the report and have the user prompted for a filter from a list of values from the database when Yellowfin executes the report?

photo

Hi Travis,

I downloaded a Jasper report (with accompanying script to build a MySQL Data Source) that had cascading filters with drop-down lists of values from this site:

http://ankurthetechie.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/cascading-parameters-in-jasper-reports.html

and imported it into Yellowfin but unfortunately the filters didn't work:

/AVCJFtAtTQW5AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

regards,

David

photo

Hi support,

Hope you are well.

Is there any feedback regarding the post above(filters are not working from Jasper reports)?

Kind regards,

Mikayla

photo

Hi there,

We have a current dev task in progress re: Jasper Reports core functionality:

Currently all Jasper Filters are mandatory, but parameters can be configured in Jasper to have logic to omit filters.

Yellowfin needs a mechanism to say which parameters are mandatory and which are not.

Does this sound like what you're looking for here? Or on the right track at least?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi guys,

Just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to review my reply at this time.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Guys,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this question as Answered due to inactivity at this time. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

This has been worked on by the dev team. I've added the Jira IDs. Let's keep it open until it's resolved (I haven't received the build yet).

Cheers,
Edgar

photo

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for the update here. I'll update this ticket status to "idea logged" and keep an eye out for task updates.

Thanks,
Eric

photo

Hi Travis,

We would like to inform you that this issue has been addressed in yellowfin version 9.8.2. You can find release notes and downloads here - https://portal.yellowfinbi.com/public/releases/home

For now, we will go ahead and mark this ticket as "Completed" for the time being. If you require any assistance, feel free to reach out to us.
Thank you!
Regards,
Ankit Asati

Leave a Comment

Attach a file