excel broadcast filename

Steve Kay shared this problem 3 years ago
Resolved

After our upgrade to 9 some users get the correct excel filename in the broadcast email and others don't get the correct filename. Attached is a screenshot of correct and incorrect names. How do we get all users to have the correct filename?

Replies (12)

photo

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out with this.

I don't believe this is expected behavior and am currently unsure why we would be seeing two users receiving different report names in their attachment.

Are users receiving the same report with the same results? or are these results filtered based on the user?

What are the differences (if there are any) between users receiving the correct file name versus the users receiving the incorrect file name.

Is this behavior limited to a single browser? i.e FireFox, or Chrome.

How long has this behavior been present?

In anticipation of these answers I have also moved this to a private ticket in order to protect any potentially sensitive information.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Thanks for the Help Jared.  Here are the answers to your questions:

Are users receiving the same report with the same results? or are these results filtered based on the user? The results are based on an access filter.

What are the differences (if there are any) between users receiving the correct file name versus the users receiving the incorrect file name.I don't know of any differences.  Some users are "admin", some are "report consumers".  It doesn't seem to matter.

Is this behavior limited to a single browser? i.e FireFox, or Chrome.  Well, this is the result of a broadcast, so it is an email with an excel attachment.

How long has this behavior been present?We upgraded to 8 a few weeks ago and found the bad behavior.  We upgraded to 9 hoping the issue would go away. 

On 7/31/2020 2:21 PM, Yellowfin Support wrote:

photo

Hey Jared,

Just checking in to see if you had any further thoughts/questions.

Thanks,

Steve

On 7/31/2020 2:21 PM, Yellowfin Support wrote:

photo

Hi Steve,

Apologize for the delay on my part.

I was able to tie the behavior you are seeing here to previously raised defective behavior. Luckily it looks like the behavior is being addressed and packed into an upcoming release.

I will dig into the details of this further and see if I can find a workaround and update you promptly

I should note here that it may not be able to however and it may be that our only method to fix this is an upgrade.

Best,

Jared

photo

Thanks Jared,

Any workaround would be great.  Also, a time frame for the fix release would be great.

Steve

On 8/11/2020 8:09 AM, Yellowfin Support wrote:

photo

Hi Steve,

Just to clarify a component of the behavior here. With the mis-named attachment are the users recieving these able to open the attachement?

This detail separates two different issues and may lead us to a workaround.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hi Jared,

Yes, the content is fine.  Clicking the attachment doesn't open excel.  It has to be saved and renamed to open it.

Steve

On 8/11/2020 12:00 PM, Yellowfin Support wrote:

photo

Hi Steve,

Apologies for my delay here.

There may a fix to this, which can be implemented by adding a java option for startup:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dmail.mime.encodeparameters=false 
These options are in the catalina.bat/.sh or Windows service Java options. There is already a chunk of existing java options, so you can just add it to that. E.g.

/069a5cee17a1f17efc275e37288f354e

Please let me know how it all goes post changes!

Best,

Jared

photo

Hi Steve,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Jared

photo

Thanks for checking in Jared.  The end users are testing it out.  I will let you know if they come up with anything.

Steve

On 8/26/2020 1:21 PM, Yellowfin Support wrote:

photo

Looks like that took care of the issue.  Thanks for your help.

On 8/27/2020 2:07 PM, Steve Kay wrote:

Thanks for checking in Jared.  The end users are testing it out.  I will let you know if they come up with anything.

Steve

On 8/26/2020 1:21 PM, Yellowfin Support wrote:

photo

Hi Steve,

Thanks for letting me know.

Glad to hear that the suggestion here fixed the issue. I'll move forward and mark this ticket as complete.

Please feel free to re-open this if needed by leaving a reply.

Best,

Jared

Leave a Comment

Attach a file