PDF Shrink to Fit option not working in v9.2.1

Jason Kaczmarek shared this problem 3 years ago
Resolved

Reports do not shrink to fit when exporting to PDF and selecting the Shrink to Fit option in v9.2.1

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out. There are a decent number of issues with the PDF exporter. So I can best align this with a logged defect though, can you please tell me what specifically you're attempting to export? If it's just a report (as opposed to a Dashboard) then can you give me some details about the report? For example, is there say 10 or more columns? Is it a Sectioned report? Maybe a screen shot from your Design section would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Mike,

Attached are screenshots of YF and the PDF. Let me know if you still need more info.

Thank you,

Jason

photo

Hi Jason,

Thanks for providing this. This indeed looks to be the defect I logged a couple weeks ago where only about 10 columns can be exported. The good news is the dev team has already begun looking at this, but in the meantime, as a workaround, you may have success using Landscape orientation for the time being.

I've gone ahead and added you to the client list of those being impacted by this defect and will provide further updates as they come along.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Mike,

Thank you for keeping me updated. We use the PDF exporter quite a bit.

Jason

photo

Hi Jason,

Yep, a lot of clients use it so I suspect this will be addressed rather quickly.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Jason,

I have an update (even sooner than I thought!): This has been fixed and is currently in testing, so will almost certainly be in our next build 9.3. ETA is late September/early October.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Ok, thanks for the update.

Jason

photo

Hi Jason,

You're welcome!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Jason,

Just writing to let you know that 9.3, which contains this fix, has been published!

You can download latest update installers here:

9.3: .exe / .jar

or download the full installer here.

Please upgrade and confirm all is well when you get the chance.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file