Visible Series Selection

Dean shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi,

Is it possible to change the font properties for the visible series selection option to align with the branding standards applied to a report / dashboard?

If this is possible and the requirement is to customise the CSS files to update it, are we also able to customise the visible series selection font and font styles at different levels (chart, report, dashboard) so its doesn't override all the charts with this feature enabled?

Thanks,

Dean

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Dean,

I believe the font properties here are configured via CSS pages.

However I am unsure if this can be delimited from the rest of the report. These buttons do have their own div classes:

/685c7c8923d67cbb365820f7ebf000f9

It looks like a majority of the font properties here are being inherited from the the body of the HTML page by default. With that being said it may be possible to call the <div class="unitSelection i4bodytextsm"> within a css file to delimit these buttons.

If this is not the case we may look at getting functionality like this added via an Enhancement request.

Please let me know if this information is useful or if you have any questions regarding this.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Thanks Jared. Would be a useful enhancement so all properties relating to a visualisation can be customised via the GUI for ISV's to retain branding consistency across all exposed visual / interactive elements.

Best regards,

Dean

photo

Hi Dean,

Great news! I have been able to edit the Series Selection buttons via CSS.

Within the CSS folder located at <yellowfin>appserver/webapps/ROOT/css there is the .css file labeled reportoutput.css. Within this file there are the .unitselect parameters. These are directly tied to the buttons on the visualization:

/075a7bbd8a54f352aeed97487f334116

Allowing us to configure these separately from the chart:

/bb60561e50375ae0f194b34e3d57d0b8

To bring these parameters into the environment we will just need to bring the reportoutput.css with the changes we made to the parameter into the customcss folder located at <yellowfin>appserver/webapps/ROOT/.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hi Dean,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Jared

photo

Hi Jared,

Hope all is well with you.

Thanks for reaching out. All now good on our side and the ticket can be closed.

All the best,

Dean

Leave a Comment

Attach a file