Broadcast to unique recipients only

Manish shared this idea 3 years ago
Completed

Can we have a way to ensure that recipients only get 1 broadcast, if the report is being broadcast to multiple groups that the user is part of.

For example:

Group 1

Person A

Person B

Group 2

Person A

Person C

I only want Person A to get a single email, not 2.

Thanks

Replies (6)

photo

Hey Manish,

I've logged this enhancement on your behalf and will keep you posted on any further updates.

Regards,

David

photo

Thanks David ! Appreciate that.

photo

what is the status of this enhancement request? this is also impacting us greatly.

photo

Hi Chas,

Apologies for the delay.

After testing the broadcast feature with same recipient in different groups in YF 9.6.2, I can confirm that the recipient received only 1 broadcast message.

There were many enhancements/fixes around the broadcast feature in the recent releases, and I can say that this enhancement is one of them. Hence, I would suggest upgrading YF to the latest release(9.6.2) to resolve the problem.

Warm Regards,

Deepak

photo

Thank you for the prompt response. Do you know what version of BMC’s Smart Reporting we would need to move to?

Thanks.

Chas

Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2021 12:30:27 AM

To: Eddingfield, Chas <Chas_Eddingfield@CINFIN.com>

Subject: New Comment in "Broadcast to unique recipients only"

photo

Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with that information as it's something we have access to. You will need to discuss this with your BMC support team, and the same for any future requests. You can raise this here. http://www.bmc.com/support/support-central.html

Apologies we are unable to assist further on this.

Regards,

Deepak

Leave a Comment

Attach a file