not able to see view category option

Sayali shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

earlier when we used to create view , we were able to see the "view category" option while editing the view in the view builder.

but now i am not able to see that option Could you please help to get this done?

I am using yellowfin version 7.4.

Thanks,

Sayali

Replies (1)

photo

Hey Sayali,

I hope you are well!

Yeah - I cannot seem to find View Category in my local instance - I am using 8.0.6.

What version were you previously on where this was available? I will then test on that build :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

Thank you your response. I have explored about the view category and it was available on 7.1 version. Requesting you to check on that version once.

I have find this on google itself. can you please provide some input for if this option is not able in later versions then what alternative we can use?

Regards,

Sayali Khanzode

photo

Hey Sayali,

I hope you are well!

I did find this in my version 9 instance in my configuration settings -

d5d43aae0a31cfabb9cff1c5efde908e

But I do not think this made any difference on my instance - Could you enable this in your version and see if it makes a difference for you?

If it doesn't, I will reach out to the dev team and ask what enabling this is supposed to do.

Let me know :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

I tried like you asked for the changes in configuration settings. But it makes no difference for me as well. when I searched for the View category option, i found that it used to be available in the view builder option. But now we can only see view name and View description option.

can you please check that as well?

Thanks & Regards,

Sayali

photo

Hey Sayali,

I hope you are well!

Thank you for confirming that with me - I have now checked this with a technical consultant and the view category is no longer available in yellowfin.- It seems that the configuration settings has been left in by accident - enabling this will not make any difference, unfortunately.

is there a specific reason you needed this feature? Maybe if I know exactly what you are trying to accomplish, I may be able to help with another way to get the results you need?

Let me know :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

Thank you your response. Yeah actually we want to achieve the particular field folder hierarchy for multiple views. SO if all the views belong to same view category. it will be automatically implemented to all views included in that view category. On the wiki page itself i had read that. thats why wanted to achieve the same.

It would be of great help if you can help with any other solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Sayali Khanzode

photo

Hey Sayali,

by 'it' are you referring to categorising the views by data source?

If so, then this is automatically done and you can search views based on their data source -

Here we can see I have 3 data sources -

cbfbb2c7ddc95a20be2b75159d981733

And here I am filtering my search by data source -

6280b690f213845eb5247320ce35424f

And here we can see I have chosen the 3rd data source which is displaying the 2 views I have made from that data source -

276e2ddf678cd58f5278392fa03f34d6

Let me know if this is what you were after?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Sayali,

I hope you have been well!

Just wanted to check in to see if you received my last response and if it helped at all?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Sayali,

I hope you have been keeping well!

I just wanted to let you know, that I will be closing this ticket due to inactivity, however, I hope my previous response, detailing how to view the 'views' by datasource in the left browsing panel helped!! :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file