menu options in drop down menu from report fields is misaligned

keith dawson shared this problem 3 years ago
Resolved

HI since i upgraded to YF 9 there is a misalignment in the dropdown menu options in the report builder

if i select the drop down menu from the fields from their icons in the report builder which have been dragged in then it works fine - eample where theformat / edit calculations / advanced function options are

If i select the menu from the preview of the reports the first drop down menu appears ok but when i move down the menu items the sub menu is off the screen . For example when you click format menu options the sub menu with the options EDIT, CONDITIONAL FORMAT, CLEAR, is misaligned

i am using a custom login page, and header , could something be misaligned here, or is this a known issue in 9.2 , how can we fix?

see attached picture to see the misalignment

Many Thanks

Keith

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Keith,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

I had a client with almost the exact same issue last week. It turned out to be related to the custom CSS file that was referencing an element incorrectly. If you have a custom login and header, I'd not be surprised if you had custom CSS as well... Would you be able to provide your <Yellowfin Folder>/appserver/webapps/ROOT/customcss folder for analysis?

I believe in that case this client was calling some "yfDropMenu" items in the CSS, and when we removed that section, the sub-menu position was back to normal. Maybe you could check for any code that calls this element in the custom CSS, or temporarily remove files from the CSS folder and reboot Yellowfin to see if this resolves things?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Keith,

Hope things are good on your end, just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to review my reply at this time?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Keith,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Resolved due to inactivity at this time. Feel welcome to re-open with a reply if you experience any additional related issues.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file