Can Dashboards and Presentations be exported to PDF in v9?

Yellowfin FAQ shared this idea 3 years ago
Completed

I've created some Dashboards and Presentations in Yellowfin 9. Is it possible to export them to PDF? What about other formats like .docx and .xlsx?

Replies (4)

photo

I have also ran into this issue and I am currently enlisting help from other IT staff to add a print button via html, js, and css... (which thanks to code mode, will be a lot easier). However, I am not sure how to grab just the canvas area. I would love a standard export/print option for the complete dashboard!! Along with this, it would be nice to designate printable vs. non-printable (for the export). Just a thought...

photo

Simon,

Yes. Both of those ideas are exactly what I am referring to! Another "nice to have..." would be the ability to designate certain objects/charts/images/etc. as printable vs. non-printable. There have been times where I want it to show something on screen, but not print. Right now, I am attempting to use CSS (which I am glad I can do) to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hi all,

that's great news : I was looking for that export feature.

however I have an important question : will javascript be exported on those pdf ?

It's an absolute necessity for us : as Yellowfin unfortunately does not offer any way to present text data from a database, I had to use a javascript chart to do that.

It's not actually a chart, rather a custom function printing really really basic HTML / CSS stuff. Nothing fancy, but I remember being unable to export js to pdf in v8.

photo

Hi Simon,

thanks for that.

FYI here's the javascript function I wrote to address my needs (which is an excellent workaround for displaying text data in Yellowfin).

As you can see, it's dead simple. I guess it might be possible to forbid JS Export depending on the content of the JS Code ...

generateChart = function(options)
{    
    var idChart = options.divSelector.substring(1);

document.getElementById(idChart).innerHTML += '<h1>' + options.dataset.data['site.libelle'][0].raw_data + '</h1>' 
                                                + '<p>' + options.dataset.data['site.nbadherents'][0].raw_data + ' adhérents<br/>' 
                                                + options.dataset.data['enquete.nbrepondants'][0].raw_data + ' répondants<br/>' 
                                                + 'Ouvert depuis le ' + options.dataset.data['site.dateouverture'][0].raw_data + '</p>';
}

Regards

Josselin

Leave a Comment

Attach a file