Change mandatory filter text to include mandatory

Guest shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello,

When I have a mandatory filter in my report/dashboard which has no default value the below image/text is shown ...

/1d854c87a59c68794356ededd417275e

I would suggest altering this text to say "You must at least complete all the mandatory filters listed. Indicated with a red dot." Or something like that.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi JeRoen,

I highly doubt this would be officially changed, but the good news is that doing so on your end is quite simple. If you head into your <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib folder, open the archive for i4-core, then head into com/hof and open the ApplicationResources.properties file, you can search for "You must complete all the filters listed":

/d7fc40000d43fa84f96b1003ba2a77c8

You can change this value to whatever you'd like, save the file, then restart Yellowfin. Next time you see the Incomplete Filters message it should show whatever you changed it to.

Please give this a try and let me know how goes!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try this out. I guess it works as you say so I am fine with closing this issue.

Regards,

Jeroen

photo

Hi JeRoen,

I recommend testing it first - sometimes these changes are obvious and work as I demonstrated, sometimes they don't and may require digging deeper. If you're not going to get to this any time soon, then I can close this and when you do get a chance to do this you can respond here, which will reopen ticket. If you're going to do it in the next week or so though, I'm happy to leave this open, just let me know.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi JeRoen,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered pending your getting around to actually testing this out, but if/when you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to assist further.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file