email sender/reply-to customization

Paul Wong shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Sir/Madam,

We have the following requirement for our notification service.

I am just wondering how much we can do in Yellowfin.

Please note that I can get the org email setup info from API call and make the changes in Yellowfin either using Web Service call or database table data modification.

Launchpad will start storing custom sender information against an org, which will be synced to all modules including Reports (Yellowfin).

This custom information will be used to set the from while notifications@aclgrc.com will be the sender.

Additionally by default a reply-to header should be set to no-reply@aclgrc.com to denote that no one is monitoring the mailbox.

When there is a custom sender email present in the org and the field "use for reply to" option is selected, this reply-to address should be changed to the custom sender email for the org.

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

It sounds like there are three parts to the functionality request here -

When Sending a report via email:

1. Option to customize the "from" address (for a client org) that is distinct from the actual account used to send the email;

2. Include a "reply-to" address in the email header that is by default the account defined in the SMTP settings;

3. Include a "use for reply-to" option that reflects this custom "from" address.

Part 1 is a logged task that is currently in development; parts 2 & 3 are not logged at this time.

Does this sound like an accurate interpretation of your requirement? If so I can add you as an affected client to the existing task, and create new tasks for part 2 & 3, perhaps as a single request.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Eric,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

Here is what I have for the current Yellowfin configuration screen attached.

For your first point, I assume it is referred to the "Share" -> "Email" feature. Can you confirm it?

Regarding to use of the "reply-to", I guess it is one software change request. I will get back to you for a more clear requirement. Thanks a lot.Many thanks again.

Cheers.

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update, I can confirm the title of the task I referred to -

"Set email of report sending when using "Share > Email"

If you'd like to see this in Broadcast as well I can define that in the existing task or perhaps make an additional task if devs prefer.

I will look forward to the details of your requirement.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Eric,

Can you give me the task number for this and when it will be available?

"Part 1 is a logged task that is currently in development;"

Thanks a lot.

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

The task Id is YFN-10257, with the subject-

Set email of report sending when using "Share > Email"

Its status is currently set to "Backlog," however the priority is listed as "Highest," and our CTO left a comment last month saying this fix would be pushed for the next upcoming releases, 7.4.11 and 8.0.3.

I've gone ahead and added you as an affected client, and attached this ticket to the task. I will keep this ticket's status as Awaiting Reply for now in regards to the additional functionality requests raised.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Eric,

Thanks a lot.

Here is a summary table about my understanding. Please let me know, if there is anything incorrect.

Thanks a lot.

I think the "reply-to" header customization is another feature request (another task in YF.)

Thanks a lot for your helps.

Cheers.

photo

Hi Paul,

I've gone ahead and created a new enhancement request to allow for a distinct "reply-to" address for email broadcasts and shares. I've added your organization as an affected client, and attached this ticket to the task. Updates will be provided here as they are available. I'll mark this as Idea Logged for now; feel welcome to reply to this ticket with further related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Paul,

Just wanted to provide an update here: YFN 10257 - "Set email of report sending when using "Share > Email" has been picked up by developers and is currently in testing. The target version is currently listed as 8.1 and 7.4.11.

YFN-15391 - "Option for separate 'reply-to' address in email share / broadcast" has not been picked up at this time. Will continue to provide updates for you.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi,

Just wondering if there has been any movement on YFN-15391?

Thanks

Dean

photo

Hi Dean,

No updates to report at this time, would you like me to add your organization as an affected client to the developer task for increased visibility here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Yes please Eric

Thanks

Dean

Leave a Comment

Attach a file