GETIDFORUUID

Robert Wheeler shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I was just wondering if this is to get the reportId from the reportUuid , if so can a example be supplied. Also which version of Yellowfin is the available in.

Replies (5)

photo

Sorry need to do this with a service call over to Yellowfin pass in the reportUuid and have the reportId returned.

I saw this call GETIDFORUUID but that returned the EntityId only

photo

Hi Robert,

Just wanted to let you know that I am looking into this but may not have something substantive for you until this afternoon.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Ok that you , maybe a little more clairification. What I am trying to do is execute a remote call to generate a report so I can email it to a user. The problem I have is if currently I have to request all of the users reports and then iterate through them all until I can match the reportuuid and if the user has 1000 reports and 10 of them are scheduled then this process happens 10 times. I was hoping there was a way I could request the exact a report using the reportuuid. I hope this is a better explanation of what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks

Rob

photo

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the clarification, it seems this function will suit your needs well. I was able to get this to work by setting a parameters variable on top of the administrationServiceRequest with the UUID, and the string "REPORT" as seen below:

Note that this is all in Python, but the same principle should apply:

428eef0ffaa606d4af4b1d3cda88c5d8

This function returned this object:

ddd968bcef4c41090e4127e039c68c75

Let me know if you have any luck or questions in getting this to work.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Robert,

Just to clarify, in my tests, this entity_id was in fact the reportID. Looking at the reportheader table you can see that the entity id in my example below correlates with this report:

9ab219dabd9da9c89f648154c2fc72f1

Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Nathan

Thank you that is exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks again

Rob

photo

Hi Rob,

No problem! I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened.

Regards,

Nathan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file